Schindler factory
The third man - Vienna
Auschwitz
The Castle- Melbourne
Miss congeniality- San Antonio/ Las Vegas
Last train to freo- Fremantle
007 - Hamburg

I think most people would have heaps, have to think about it

Staying in a pretty grim hotel in Aosta, Italy years back, hotel turin iirc then a year after Transformers was filmed in the car park.

Bizzare.

I went a couple of years ago, Eden Arts put the film on on a projector inside the courtyard and everyone gets pissed and watches the film before stumbling back to their tents. It was good. The guy who owns it was in the process of doing it up and that was 4 years ago so he might be done now.

I’ve also been inside the phone box from Withnail as well. There’s a little notebook inside that lots of people have filled in with their favourite quotes from the film.
Yegh, forgot to say about the phone box.visited that as well on the same trip.

Star Wars, Hotel Sidi Driss
The ancient troglodyte building, Hotel Sidi Driss, in the Berber village of Matamata in the Tunisian desert, is also known as the Stars Wars Hotel. Consisting of five pits connected by a series of underground tunnels and staircases, it was where Luke Skywalker grew up with his aunt and uncle Lars in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. The connection with the “galaxy far, far away” has ensured the hotel’s popularity – at least as a day-trip, if not an overnight stay.

Golden Gate Bridge, I was surprised that it was still there, it has been destroyed in some many films.
Forbidden City, The Last Emperor.
That cafe where Michael Corleone meets his future wife’s father and the church where they were married, The Godfather.

Crickadarn, in Wales, where the exterior of The Slaughtered Lamb was set.

Also the crossroads near Hay Bluff where the opening scene of American Werewolf In London was shot when the sheep farmer initially drops them off.

The Third Man - Vienna (I've done the official tour, including the sewers)
Zulu - The Drakensberg Mountains in South Africa
Blue Hawaii, Jurassic Park etc - Kauai
Bridge on the River Kwai - Sri Lanka
Star Wars - Tunisia
Master and Commander - Galapagos Islands

Today I walked down the same steps Renton gets chased down in 'Trainspotting' just before he gets hit by the car.

I've been to the Cinema used in 'Demons' too, it's in Berlin

Last edited:

Back