Movie locations you've visited

The cottage in ''withnail and I" real trek over rough lake District hills. Hawswater was the nearest hamlet to it, the cottage was not in good condition but had a look around inside, fans had left books etc. Sat on the doorstep and had a real ale before the trek back.

I went a couple of years ago, Eden Arts put the film on on a projector inside the courtyard and everyone gets pissed and watches the film before stumbling back to their tents. It was good. The guy who owns it was in the process of doing it up and that was 4 years ago so he might be done now.

I’ve also been inside the phone box from Withnail as well. There’s a little notebook inside that lots of people have filled in with their favourite quotes from the film.

Dubrovnik, been to a lot of the Game of Thrones stuff. Also I live on a street in Montréal which has filmed dozens of films just this summer; it's commonly used when you want "somewhere vaguely in America" but don't want to pay to film "somewhere that's actually in America".

What are they called, fancy having a look next time in Scotland - cheers
They're both nothing like they were in the film nowadays mind. The club is now called Boho and on dunbarton road in Glasgow and the pub where Begbie throws the glass behind him is called Kelbourne Saint on Queen Margaret Drive in Glasgow. Can walk between the 2 in about half an hour.

Went round a few of the Ghostbusters locations when I was in New York last year. Got to the firehouse and the bloody thing was covered in scaffolding.
Aye same here.

Popeye's village

Also watched Hugh Grant and Meryl Streep filming that one about the singer in the 40s in Liverpool (dressed up to be America)

The beach from alien 3

Did the Wicker Man tour of locations.

Also visit Devonshire St in South Shields regularly through work, the film "Ascendancy" starring Julie Covington was filmed there.

Dawdon, Billy Elliot. Glen etive skyfall. A family from down south pulled up to watch the resident deer with us at Glen etive. The dad asked where James bonds house is. He looked a bit puzzled when I answered Surrey.

Venice High School – Grease and American History X.

Mulberry Street Bar – Godfather 3, Donnie Brasco, The Sopranos

Alcatraz – The Rock, Escape from Alcatraz, Birdman of Alcatraz

Various sets like Jaws and Back to the Future at Univeraal Studios Florida and Los Angeles.

Last edited:
Just remembered scene in This is England where they are messing around in some derelict houses. It’s on an old RAF base on the A47 in Notts
We had our site offices next to them when building the new road along there
Once upon a time in the midlands was filmed on a bog standard estate somewhere in the midlands!

One of meadows’ first films was called ‘small time’ and it was filmed in sneinton, Nottingham.

Back