Most underrated/underappreciated manager we ever had.

I have and can't find owt about him being a weapons grade prick and a disgrace

It seems like it's an opinion rather than a fact, and i can't google "Chris wallaces opinion on Mick Mccarthy", if you're stating opinions on a forum you should be prepared to defend them rather than just saying "google it".

I was just curious as to why you have such a negative opinion on him as I remember his sacking but can't remember anyone thinking he was a disgrace, a shit manager in the prem yeah sure, but most thought he was a decent bloke out of his depth
I meant search my posts on him.

Remind me on tomorrow and I'll tell ya. He's a narcissistic prick, a fuckin shit manager, and a stain on this club's history (sadly a few more of them since). I hate him. I hope he trips on a curb.

He bought rubbish and was abysmal as a premier league manager.
He had a squad which was absolutely shit. 4 million quid wasn't gonna fix that. As well as winning the championship with Sunderland, he also won the championship with Wolves and kept them in the Prem for the next 2 seasons - which was the best that any Wolves manager had achieved in over 30 years. 'Abysmal' is inaccurate and I suspect you choose these words when you are losing an argument.

He had a squad which was absolutely shit. 4 million quid wasn't gonna fix that. As well as winning the championship with Sunderland, he also won the championship with Wolves and kept them in the Prem for the next 2 seasons - which was the best that any Wolves manager had achieved in over 30 years. 'Abysmal' is inaccurate and I suspect you choose these words when you are losing an argument.
I don’t mind McCarthy and he on the whole did an ok job at SAFC.

However, he bought badly when we went into the premier league and his record in the premier league for us was abysmal. Unless you are happy getting beat every week.

I haven’t lost any argument it’s a message board ffs. What do you not understand?

Probably Bruce, most successful manager in recent times.

Thought the end of his reign was miserable.
Scraping a tenth place finish isn’t success. Lee Johnson actually won a trophy. Lee Johnson was objectively a more successful Sunderland manager than Bruce.

Knighton’s team played attacking football but at the point he was sacked we were in bad form. If we’d kept him would we have got the wins needed to stay up that season (including the 1-0 at Anfield on the last day)?

Durban built a solid team but had the lowest gates for any top flight Sunderland side in modern times. Was it the recession or was the it the style of football?

Knighton’s team played attacking football but at the point he was sacked we were in bad form. If we’d kept him would we have got the wins needed to stay up that season (including the 1-0 at Anfield on the last day)?

Durban built a solid team but had the lowest gates for any top flight Sunderland side in modern times. Was it the recession or was the it the style of football?
The recession, football everywhere was having low turnouts.

Alan Durban. Developed good young players (Venison,West, Pickering). Falling out with Tom Cowie over transfers got him the sack. Didn't he want to sign John Aldridge? After Durban left our descent into the third division started.

Back