Most disappointing tourist destination you've been to.

Berlin. Missus grew up in Germany so I’ve visited quite a few different places, Berlin my least fav, thought the people had a higher than normal percentage of arseholes, place was filthy and the food and sights overrated or just plain shite.

Lands end is not even the most southerly point - just not true.

We should say Sunderland is the closest city to the sun. Come and get a tan it’s hot all year.

Same thing really.

What did you do in Paris?
You did. I was as baffled then as I am now. Paris is easily one of the best cities in the world, it has everything.

My bad relationship with Paris started with a school trip in the 80s where I was 14 or 15. It rained all week and all we saw were endless art galleries.

Since then I've only really been to Paris with work which means flight/train, meeting room and then out again. I'd like to think I've got my bearings in most major European cities but Paris still confuses me.

I suppose if I went with a Significant Other it might be different.

My bad relationship with Paris started with a school trip in the 80s where I was 14 or 15. It rained all week and all we saw were endless art galleries.

Since then I've only really been to Paris with work which means flight/train, meeting room and then out again. I'd like to think I've got my bearings in most major European cities but Paris still confuses me.

I suppose if I went with a Significant Other it might be different.
Think yourself lucky. My last work meeting was to Croydon 😑

When I was in my early 30 I used to travel all over Europe (and sometimes further) for work. It starts off being a lot of fun and an adventure but you soon realise that a conference room in Berlin is just the same as one in Croydon and being away from home so much messes your life about.
I remember the first time I had a trouser press in a hotel room.

god I thought I had made it.
You hate everything to do with Sunderland/Seaburn/the north east don't you:lol::lol:
Seaburn beach is a superb beach and seaweed is a sign of a healthy ocean.

as for dogs , I have never seen a dog owner leave crap on the beach, those days are long long gone

all the dog owners I know finish walks carrying crap.

I think it’s important to challenge perceptions of the north east that are negative.

it’s a great place to live.

Last edited:
I know I'm going to get pelters for this but I went to Rome for the day and hated it. We had a mooch around and were constantly hassled by people selling shite. In the afternoon we we did an excursion seeing some cultural things which I found boring, is it st peters area in Rome?, the coliseum and something else. At the end of the day the bus speaker said "I have a real treat for you" and took us to a church. I got off the bus and sat at a cafe and she come over and said "the church is this way and it has a real stone carving by Michelangelo" I replied with I'm sorry but I'm not interested, I would rather have a beer in the sun. Her face was a picture "But but but its a real carving by Michelangelo " she said. Again replied with sorry I'm not interested, she tutted and walked off/

I realised at that point that holidays involving lots of people and man made culture are not for me. Give me nature any day over man made stuff.

Pattaya itself is quite disappointing, just bars,women, booze and general all round debauchery.
Yeah, they were great tbf. I was thinking more about the main drag.
Yes main street is quite sterile mate unless your there on Gib Day, then it's party central.

Last edited:

Back