Mortimer & Whitehouse Gone Fishing

It was great tonight - I love the broads and these two are brilliant

Big Jeff bastard boats everywhere.
Luckily some of my Thames Rivers are backwaters and no boats.
Get the occasional Richard Head ignoring the great big sign that we’ve put up on the water ‘No boats” - “Can’t you read” as crash through the willows.

Big Jeff bastard boats everywhere.
Luckily some of my Thames Rivers are backwaters and no boats.
Get the occasional Richard Head ignoring the great big sign that we’ve put up on the water ‘No boats” - “Can’t you read” as crash through the willows.
I've fished the broads a few times but I am no coarse angling expert - far from it. Some of the spots are lovely and its great fishing from your own boat.

Best thing on telly - credit to the director/camera operators too for some amazing shots - I love it

Agree love it I do.
Two contrasting stand out scenes last night the sneezing and then bursting into song.
...and at long last Whitehouse loses it as once again Bob winds the line in again.
The 2 way conversation following the bleep just superb, “you are doing it on purpose.” Apologies and Mates immediately after.
2 Fingers up to the World this programme.

Can’t wait for Friday, going Barbel fishing on the Thames but not confident at all. Text from an Angler that fishes the water almost daily and not caught one this season.
May go downstream where I am likely to not see anyone all day, the best days of the lot :)
I've fished the broads a few times but I am no coarse angling expert - far from it. Some of the spots are lovely and its great fishing from your own boat.

Decent Bream.
John Wilson’s old territory RIP.

Never fished them but would like to from a boat.

Last edited:
Agree love it I do.
Two contrasting stand out scenes last night the sneezing and then bursting into song.
...and at long last Whitehouse loses it as once again Bob winds the line in again.
The 2 way conversation following the bleep just superb, “you are doing it on purpose.” Apologies and Mates immediately after.
2 Fingers up to the World this programme.

Can’t wait for Friday, going Barbel fishing on the Thames but not confident at all. Text from an Angler that fishes the water almost daily and not caught one this season.
May go downstream where I am likely to not see anyone all day, the best days of the lot :)

Decent Bream.
John Wilson’s old territory RIP.

Never fished them but would like to from a boat.
I fished a staith at Neatishead - down a winding narrow river from Barton Broad. Moored my boat and walked to where the mooring joined the river. Met a bloke who helped get me set up and we spend a couple of hours catching a steady bag of roach and rudd. No other boats appeared, dead quiet and fantastic. There is a pub in the village that did meals and beer - sorted.

The bit where he goes to pick up the fish off the end of the line then turns to the camera. Had us in bits. Never a fan of reeves and mortimer style of 'comedy' but these two are just so relaxed and genuinly seem to love each others company.
Vic Reeves just isnt funny imo, last I saw of him was on hootnanny n its just the usual daft faces/talking shite.
These 2 are in another league.

I fished a staith at Neatishead - down a winding narrow river from Barton Broad. Moored my boat and walked to where the mooring joined the river. Met a bloke who helped get me set up and we spend a couple of hours catching a steady bag of roach and rudd. No other boats appeared, dead quiet and fantastic. There is a pub in the village that did meals and beer - sorted.
Sounds like paradise.

I like it when Bob has a sneaky wind ! 😆

Absolutely love these 2.
Paul despite his initial frustration always reverts to laughing at Bob.
Nothing worse losing a decent fish.

Remember as a kid I hooked a Thames Carp, it was a monster way over 20lb.
Grounded on a sand bar and we simply didn’t have a large landing net.
Mate grabbed it and instead of gently getting under the fish he pressed against the line releasing the size 8 hook.
I literally slumped to my knees watching this huge fish roll back onto its side sinking into the depths and swimming off.
Close to tears 😂

Absolutely love these 2.
Paul despite his initial frustration always reverts to laughing at Bob.
Nothing worse losing a decent fish.

Remember as a kid I hooked a Thames Carp, it was a monster way over 20lb.
Grounded on a sand bar and we simply didn’t have a large landing net.
Mate grabbed it and instead of gently getting under the fish he pressed against the line releasing the size 8 hook.
I literally slumped to my knees watching this huge fish roll back onto its side sinking into the depths and swimming off.
Close to tears 😂
I did a similar thing on Loch Goil with a double figure cod my mate hooked . It was the only bite of the day anarl .

Back