More staff cost cutting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes, but the ones reading it will have another reason to have a dig at the club. Did he leave of his own choice it doesn't say

Didn't know that was a rule :lol:

The only kind of person who would put it in, in your suggested format, is somebody who's being held against their will.

It's always nice to feel appreciated! :lol:

Although it was short lived, I can not speak highly enough of everyone at the club and its fair to the say the main man is still there running the SLO department going forward so the club is in safe hands.
Any takeover news like 😃

I would assume not but I'm sure he'll confirm on here.

If people want to have a dig that's their choice, given his job was to respond to messages on Twitter (amongst other things) do you expect him just to pretend he still works there?

The thread title makes it look like he's been sacked but he might of left by his own choice.
Didn't know that was a rule :lol:

The only kind of person who would put it in, in your suggested format, is somebody who's being held against their will.

I bollocks that up, didn't know who to put it back into the other format:oops:

Last edited:
It's always nice to feel appreciated! :lol:

Although it was short lived, I can not speak highly enough of everyone at the club and its fair to the say the main man is still there running the SLO department going forward so the club is in safe hands.
Haway man ...
New Players
Takeover
Recipes
None of this nice shit please

The thread title makes it look like he's been sacked but he might of left by his own choice.

I bollocks that up, didn't know who to put it back into the other format:oops:
Hes been on furlough since March, think it's probably more likely he's been made redundant isn't it? Bearing in mind he's actually posting on this thread though it's a bit shit to talk about someone losing their job. But like I said, given his job was to respond to messages on Twitter, do you think he should have said nothing and pretended he still worked there when people were messaging him just in case someone else assumes it's because of the ongoing cost cutting that we know is actually taking place?

Same here. I imagine they'll be keen to lower numbers as far as possible and I doubt many furloughed workers will be leaving jobs of their own volition at this time. I don't think he'd confirm it on here mind, because ultimately its nobodies business, but I certainly think he's done the right thing by mentioning on the twitter account which was set up specifically for his SLO activities that he isn't there any more. Otherwise we'd have loads of people getting in touch and getting annoyed that they aren't getting a response! As an aside there's a lot of nice comments about him on the twitter thread, can be proud of that. Real shame that he's not there any more, and I feel for Chris Waters being left to handle all the messages on his own again, but hopefully he'll get something else soon. Just getting able to say you worked for the club would be mint mind!

That should of all been in the twitter comment, not just "my time at the club has come to an end" with no explanation why?
That should of all been in the twitter comment, not just "my time at the club has come to an end" with no explanation why?

Sorry replied to the wrong conversation.

Last edited:
As many know we have differing views on his choice of football and it’s sectarianism north of the border but it’s not nice to see someone lose their job.
Good luck in finding work soon, ya sevco wanker 😉

Disagree. Chris (the original SLO) was clearly being overworked with all the requests and messages he was getting on social media. Especially during bigger games like Bradford at home or Wembley. I think his wife said on Twitter he was working 16 hour days 7 days a week.

He was doing a fantastic job, but he was only one bloke and it was certainly a team effort. Unsure what happens now, I doubt Chris will want to stick around if he has to go back to being worked to death.
Yeah, fair enough. Maybe by making it work it covered over how much he was having to do on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back