More staff cost cutting

Whilst I don't disagree I did wonder why we needed expanding int he first place, seemed to do ok before.

Plus we have less supporters attending now so stands to reason we need less staff to look after them. Unintended consequences of people refusing to go plus covid.

Whilst I don't disagree I did wonder why we needed expanding int he first place, seemed to do ok before.

Plus we have less supporters attending now so stands to reason we need less staff to look after them. Unintended consequences of people refusing to go plus covid.

Disagree. Chris (the original SLO) was clearly being overworked with all the requests and messages he was getting on social media. Especially during bigger games like Bradford at home or Wembley. I think his wife said on Twitter he was working 16 hour days 7 days a week.

He was doing a fantastic job, but he was only one bloke and it was certainly a team effort. Unsure what happens now, I doubt Chris will want to stick around if he has to go back to being worked to death.

So he's put it on twitter for all the thickies to jump on it to make it look like more job losses.

Twitter is a fantastic engagement tool when used correctly and despite being on furlough since mid March I have still been receiving queries and requests almost daily such is the size of our fan base so it's only fair that I inform our supporters when the time was right.

I would assume not but I'm sure he'll confirm on here.

If people want to have a dig that's their choice, given his job was to respond to messages on Twitter (amongst other things) do you expect him just to pretend he still works there?

Same here. I imagine they'll be keen to lower numbers as far as possible and I doubt many furloughed workers will be leaving jobs of their own volition at this time. I don't think he'd confirm it on here mind, because ultimately its nobodies business, but I certainly think he's done the right thing by mentioning on the twitter account which was set up specifically for his SLO activities that he isn't there any more. Otherwise we'd have loads of people getting in touch and getting annoyed that they aren't getting a response! As an aside there's a lot of nice comments about him on the twitter thread, can be proud of that. Real shame that he's not there any more, and I feel for Chris Waters being left to handle all the messages on his own again, but hopefully he'll get something else soon. Just getting able to say you worked for the club would be mint mind!

Back