Monthly food cost

He said I won't be able to sell it so you can have it for that. No brainer.

Can't believe more people don't go for cheap cuts like that. Butchers cut man.

Waitrose is daft mind. Especially the duchy stuff

I used to use Tesco for my main shop then go to Waitrose once every few weeks for treats as their stuff while expensive is generally very good. I don't think I've been to Waitrose in the last year - we've had an Aldi open recently and that is good for odds and ends but still do my big shop at Tesco.

I used to use Tesco for my main shop then go to Waitrose once every few weeks for treats as their stuff while expensive is generally very good. I don't think I've been to Waitrose in the last year - we've had an Aldi open recently and that is good for odds and ends but still do my big shop at Tesco.
Yeah me too. It's basically a third more expensive at waitrose than Tesco and you end up with the same stuff. Butcher or farm shopfor the meat. Went in on Sunday to the farm shop and they had a fire sale on. 2kg of mince for 7 quid or something daft. Portioned and froze it.

I love cooking from scratch and always make more than we need to freeze the rest down to use a lunches during the week.
About once per fortnight we'll eat out. Would go more often but it's fecking expensive.
Sometimes we'll get fish and chips or an In'Jun Joe take-away.

The shopping bills tend to be a lot higher when you include alcohol. Or another way of looking at that is that the bills go down loads if you cut the alcohol out. The other expensive stuff is things like washing capsules, razor blades etc.

With the 2 kids half the time, me and our lass (no) probably do £350/£400 a month. Mind she's Coeliac, Vegan and Lactose intolerant so that's where a lot of the spend goes. She's started considering going back to meat, but apparently she has a conscience and will want the highest quality of meat available. Going to try the local butchers, but "Red Tractor" isn't high welfare enough for her.

Not on an austerity drive as such but got out of the habit of doing a big Ocado shop and just working my way through the freezer. Top up milk, bread, yoghurt and bits of veg from Aldi when I need it.
Using lentils and rice a lot more to make dishes with stuff I find lurking in the freezer. Also bag up single portions of soup which I heat up each day for my lunch.
Haven't done a 'big shop' since before Christmas and still got some way to go on freezer stuff.

Back