Monthly food cost

One of my neighbours gets Waitrose deliveries.
Flaunting a lifestyle us Morrisons people can only dream of.

I've forced myself to stop going to Waitrose even though there is one around the corner. They do some good stuff but it's too easy to spent a fortune there especially if you are hungry.

I must be spending best chunk of £600 a month in supermarkets a month like (that includes toiletries, household and cleaning products etc)… for me and our lass. I don’t know how like, we eat well, 0 processed shite, generally buy fresh ingredients and have a sit down meal every night, take bait for work. It’s getting a bit out of hand though we need to start budgeting again

Be interesting to see that meals people make on those budgets....
We cook almost every night and have quite a range but sometimes it’ll be something that literally costs less than a quid a head like spaghetti with chilli, garlic and basil and some warm baguette or a chickpea and spinach curry using a home made sauce. Other nights it’ll be a Tuna steak and more like seven quid a head. Most weeks will have a curry of some kind, a pasta dish, a rice dish, a stew or chilli, a stir fry, an easy oven night like pizza or lasagne and a Sunday roast.

Back