Money does make you happy

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date
Money is freedom, do what you want when you want, go where you want, frees you from the 9-5 routine, that's happiness.
Whilst I agree to a point, I need a structure. I’d replace the 9-5 with something a bit more enjoyable, but the thought of floating around doesn’t work for me. The kids & school runs & stuff would give me a good start.

Whilst I agree to a point, I need a structure. I’d replace the 9-5 with something a bit more enjoyable, but the thought of floating around doesn’t work for me. The kids & school runs & stuff would give me a good start.
Work to live or live to work I guess, but the amount of "I wish I won the lottery so I could quit work" I have heard....

I work my @ss off <not that anyone slese doesn't) but still have a good structure and if needed I can do school runs etc. Just makes it easier to not have to think about spending x on a holiday or shows or restaurants or nice things rather than x+25%.

That said my stress levels are pretty high to be able to afford it.

working is shite the amount of time it takes from your life is disguting, thankfully i now get paid a hell of a lot more than i used to so now i can afford to do nice shit in the downtime

I’m in the unenviable position of not having a lot of spare cash probably for the first time as an adult really.

Mortgage has just gone up by £220 a month and whilst it could have been far worse it’s more added stress.

Thankfully we should be able to get financial help for our daughters childcare from April which should save hundreds per month and then my car is paid off in August so that will be another £160 saved.

The last 2 years have been scary really.

I work my @ss off <not that anyone slese doesn't) but still have a good structure and if needed I can do school runs etc. Just makes it easier to not have to think about spending x on a holiday or shows or restaurants or nice things rather than x+25%.

That said my stress levels are pretty high to be able to afford it.
I would have thought waking up at 5am and creeping out of the house quiet as a mouse so the wifey doesn't give you both barrels would have made doing the school run a bit tricky iirc there mate

I play golf with 3 other old buggers like myself

The wealthiest one, who is very very wealthy, is the happiest

I'm the least wealthy and say I'm the second happiest

The second wealthiest, who is just very wealthy, is a right miserable sod
I like this post. Happiness is a state of mind. You can choose to be happy whatever your circumstances. Similarly you can choose to be miserable.

Money can buy you things but it does not necessarily mean happiness will be the result.

I like this post. Happiness is a state of mind. You can choose to be happy whatever your circumstances. Similarly you can choose to be miserable.

Money can buy you things but it does not necessarily mean happiness will be the result.
Some folk seem to get off on being miserable though as if it's their happy place. If you need that negativity to feed off during the day and you're also wealthy? I suppose that works too.

Whilst having money is no guarantee of happiness, it can remove a lot of the hardships and worries in life.
You can be happy with money and happy without it. Same,you can be miserable with money or miserable without money. It comes down to the individual. I know millionaire who has no mates,no company and when he is out for meal ,people avoid him like the plague.Personally, take the money ,enjoy it ,life is for living.

Back