Money back on season tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lad on twitter suggested either the club keep it or give it to NHS, I’m happy to do either of them, but each to their own

I've no idea how the new deal with Nike works, but I think a good compromise would be for the club to gift each season ticket holder a home shirt for next season if no more games are played.

The retail price would be comparable to the missing season ticket games, but the actual cost to the club would presumably be a lot less.

Last edited:
We buy a season ticket which entitles us to attend every league match. We've had that benefit. I know we're getting 4 less League games than we expected for our money, but it's still every game.
Just to be clear, you’re suggesting that if the season was to be cancelled/voided at the point it’s at now, then technically season ticket holders have had the full benefit of their season ticket thus overriding 6.1.5 of the unfair trading regulations? Because I imagine that is a technicality which the clubs could argue for, yes. And for some especially at the lower end, it might even suit them more than the option of playing the remaining games behind closed doors.

Just to be clear, you’re suggesting that if the season was to be cancelled/voided at the point it’s at now, then technically season ticket holders have had the full benefit of their season ticket thus overriding 6.1.5 of the unfair trading regulations? Because I imagine that is a technicality which the clubs could argue for, yes. And for some especially at the lower end, it might even suit them more than the option of playing the remaining games behind closed doors.

I'd argue that voiding means you've received a complete non event, which isn't what you've paid for. Thus being entitled to a full refund never mind a partial one.

I'd argue that voiding means you've received a complete non event, which isn't what you've paid for. Thus being entitled to a full refund never mind a partial one.
Yeah. Wasn’t actually thinking clearly when I wrote that. They could argue a technicality in the event of the season being ended early.

Whereas voiding the season would likely open them up to the argument they should fully refund.

I'm starting to question my resolve. I had said I wouldn't cancel but it's looking like it's going to be an awfully long time before I can actually use this ticket. It's a lot of money for no football.

I wouldn't either mate. However I think the last few weeks has been a bit of a novelty for some. Told to stay off work with 80% pay isn't too bad. I think in a few months time when the bill for all this comes in reality will bite.

Agree and if people are desperate for that money then they should have it back.
Tough times mate.

Everyone should be requesting their money back for season card games missed. Don't give them any more money.

They've already shafted us once with the bury game being replaced by a u23 game.

Couldn't

Don't care about this season but we need urgent information about ST payment due out in a few weeks!

Im half hoping that they don’t.

As much as I despise those chancers, I’d automatically renew our season tickets, irrespective of the league, quality of football etc.

If we aren’t going to be allowed into the stadium for some time yet, I’d happily not renew, as I wouldn’t be missing out anyway and those bastards don’t get any of my money.

Im half hoping that they don’t.

As much as I despise those chancers, I’d automatically renew our season tickets, irrespective of the league, quality of football etc.

If we aren’t going to be allowed into the stadium for some time yet, I’d happily not renew, as I wouldn’t be missing out anyway and those bastards don’t get any of my money.

Aye that's it like. I will be closing my DD if they intent to take money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back