MK DONS TICKET UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ha, yeah.
About 15 of us down early on the Saturday (for thr sunday game), drinking in the old town. One of the first bars we were in the barman was dead nervous about it all (as we're some locals) and we said it would be fine, there would be no bother.
Went in the next morning (after spending the evening dancing on tables in the weatherspoons) and the barman was there and said it had been one of his favourite days ever, just loads of pissed good natured mackems. No edge at all.
It's how it should always be.

I was with many Sunderland fans drinking at Paddington in 1990 before the play final and both sets of fans were singing alongtogether and was a fantastic experience without a hint of trouble and the same after the game on the tube

There’ll be some mate on shortly to disagree.

And with good reason to be fair.
A couple of fellas come on praising our fans, and rightly so, by any stretch of the imagination the support is great. Then a couple of miserable fuckers come on and put a dampener on it, they can’t wait.
You’re spot on mate. Bellends.

Is everyone who doesn't think our support is the best in the country a bellend?

I think it's top 10/15 for what it's worth.

Last edited:
Lived in Swindon 20 years ago and went to the last game of the season in 1998. Remember the panic in the local paper about the number of Sunderland fans getting tickets before the game. Then the paper the day after with front page headline of “Invasion of the peace army”.
I was there sitting in swndon's main stand sitting next to an old chap and his family. Completely respectful and they all shook our hands and whised us all the best fir play offs when Boro score came through. That's how it should be.

Yes that’s the one. We were living in Abbey Meads At the time and a couple of weeks before we had been broken
into and the community Bobby had deal with it. We say him at the gate and he hadn’t realised that we were Sunderland fans, despite our accent and warned us that we should be careful because some away fans might have bought tickets in the home stands. When Phillips scored everybody around us went up, they had all been told not to show colours, so it was only then the we knew just how many of us were in the ground.

it was my son’s first game at the age of five. At the end of the game he was on my shoulders on the pitch and he thought that was what happened at every game.

it was fun watching everybody trying to use the magic roundabout, as a local at the time I knew how to use it, but I remembered the first time I came across it and it was confusing as hell.

I can remember playing Sunderland at home in 1992/3 the first time we had played you since the play off final and our demotion and have to say your fans were class at the county ground and wishing us all the best in trying to get back into the premiership that season

Trains between Bedford and Bletchley are being cancelled left and right.

just in case anyone is trying to get in that way

our away support has Always been superb - can argue all day long who has the best in the country but we would certainly be in the top 5 on most folks lists

Not mine.

Man utd
Leeds
Liverpool
Everton
Arsenal
Spurs
Villa

All take big followings

I think we’ve sold over 5000 tickets! 😎As for Mk dons, I think the game average 8/9 k home crowd so would expect the attendance to be around 15k

I can remember playing Sunderland at home in 1992/3 the first time we had played you since the play off final and our demotion and have to say your fans were class at the county ground and wishing us all the best in trying to get back into the premiership that season

I had one of my worst times in a stadium at Swindon when you beat us in the 1985/86 milk cup. Swindon fans invaded the pitch and were hoying all sorts of coins, objects into the Sunderland end. Lad next to me had his head split open.

Not mine.

Man utd
Leeds
Liverpool
Everton
Arsenal
Spurs
Villa

All take big followings

You've always had fantastic away support and we're constantly told down these parts that Bristol City are a massive club but not a patch on you guys plus your friendly neighbors with the boring colour strip!

Not mine.

Man utd
Leeds
Liverpool
Everton
Arsenal
Spurs
Villa

All take big followings
Aye but half of those have been in finals/or have won something. And all but one play in the premier.
I don’t deny they will have plenty fans but how many would be hanging around when they were 15th in league one 3 weeks ago?

Reactions: JJH
I had one of my worst times in a stadium at Swindon when you beat us in the 1985/86 milk cup. Swindon fans invaded the pitch and were hoying all sorts of coins, objects into the Sunderland end. Lad next to me had his head split open.

I'm sorry to hear what happened to the Sunderland fans that night and I was at that game which I think we won 1-0 and witnessed the idiots running across the pitch towards you in the corner but didn't realise they were throwing coins etc. Thankfully times have moved on and that sort of thing rarely happens anymore inside football stadiums.

I'm sorry to hear what happened to the Sunderland fans that night and I was at that game which I think we won 1-0 and witnessed the idiots running across the pitch towards you in the corner but didn't realise they were throwing coins etc. Thankfully times have moved on and that sort of thing rarely happens anymore inside football stadiums.
Aye true enough. I think it was 3-2 you had a centre forward called Colin Gordon I think who had a great game

Not mine.

Man utd
Leeds
Liverpool
Everton
Arsenal
Spurs
Villa

All take big followings
You can cross Villa off that list straight away. Spurs and Arsenal always impress me as they dont have as many glory supporters as Man Utd and Liverpool. Leeds, I agree, but they are helped by picking up a large support from their glory days in the 70's.
I would sadly add the Mag to any list.possibly also West Ham. Sunderland would be in the top 10 definatley, and based on nil success, therefore no glory boys, added to geographical location increasing travel costs, i would conclude Sunderland have one of the best 3 away supports in the country.
Also honourable mention to Sheff Wed and of course Plymouth.

Reactions: JJH
Aye true enough. I think it was 3-2 you had a centre forward called Colin Gordon I think who had a great game

I just checked and It was a two legged cup tie with you winning the first leg 3-2 and we beat you 3-1 after extra time. The 1-0 I was thinking of was when we beat Wednesday in the next round. I can't remember if Colin Gordon was there then but Andy Rowland who was prolific for us scored one of the goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back