MK DONS TICKET UPDATE

As mentioned in another thread, SAFC have returned a whole block of tickets behind the goal - Upper 26 - and MK have just put them on sale today. Under 12's free and under 18's for £7, all available on line.
I bought mine over a week ago and am level with the corner flag.....why couldn’t they sell the best ones first ??

Lived in Swindon 20 years ago and went to the last game of the season in 1998. Remember the panic in the local paper about the number of Sunderland fans getting tickets before the game. Then the paper the day after with front page headline of “Invasion of the peace army”.
Ha, yeah.
About 15 of us down early on the Saturday (for thr sunday game), drinking in the old town. One of the first bars we were in the barman was dead nervous about it all (as we're some locals) and we said it would be fine, there would be no bother.
Went in the next morning (after spending the evening dancing on tables in the weatherspoons) and the barman was there and said it had been one of his favourite days ever, just loads of pissed good natured mackems. No edge at all.
It's how it should always be.

Ha, yeah.
About 15 of us down early on the Saturday (for thr sunday game), drinking in the old town. One of the first bars we were in the barman was dead nervous about it all (as we're some locals) and we said it would be fine, there would be no bother.
Went in the next morning (after spending the evening dancing on tables in the weatherspoons) and the barman was there and said it had been one of his favourite days ever, just loads of pissed good natured mackems. No edge at all.
They did seem very nervous, riot vans extra police and riot squads. No idea how many were down but it was a big turnout. Our old landlord had a pub down there about 20 mile away, he kindly offered to open up early, needless to say everyone was quite warm by the time we got to the town. Wandering to the next pub we came to some 4 way lights, my mate was about 25 stone dressed in a full gold and blue away strip with a red Tele Robby head on. He decided to waddle into the middle of the road and perform a kind of sumo / haka dance in from of said police force. One of the strangest sights I have ever seen. The police just looked on in amazement, happily they laughed it off.
Ha, yeah.
They did seem very nervous, riot vans extra police and riot squads. No idea how many were down but it was a big turnout. Our old landlord had a pub down there about 20 mile away, he kindly offered to open up early, needless to say everyone was quite warm by the time we got to the town. Wandering to the next pub we came to some 4 way lights, my mate was about 25 stone dressed in a full gold and blue away strip with a red Tele Robby head on. He decided to waddle into the middle of the road and perform a kind of sumo / haka dance in from of said police force. One of the strangest sights I have ever seen. The police just looked on in amazement, happily they laughed it off.

Absolutely fantastic support from the best fans in the country. Where else would a club that has been served up complete shyte for the last 4 decades take this many fans away for a league one fixture and average 30k for home games
Portsmouth took 5,000 their the other week, but only about 30 miles for them to travel..
Portsmouth took 5,000 their the other week, but only about 30 miles for them to travel..
That should have read 130 miles..

Last edited:
Last few away games I've been to including Doncaster away I've noticed a lot of our away fans are lads aged between 16 and 20 who get canny bladdered and probably only know the result of the game when they wake up sober on the Sunday morning :lol:
been like that for a while but we've all been young and daft in the past. good on them, they're the future and as long as they're not being total clowns i'm all for it.

Lived in Swindon 20 years ago and went to the last game of the season in 1998. Remember the panic in the local paper about the number of Sunderland fans getting tickets before the game. Then the paper the day after with front page headline of “Invasion of the peace army”.

The Sunday Morning game?
Phillips scored a cracker. Sadly the Swindon fans had already given up attending.
The regular apathy card being played.

Not strictly true mind. Taking 4k to MK is excellent however there has understandably been some poor turnouts this season like 329 at Gillingham in the cup and roughly 400 at Scunthorpe.

329 fans turned up at Gillingham.

Midweek, tickets had only been in sale for a couple of days, no public transport, 700 mile round trip, last minute so anyone who works would be precluded. All this and at (at that point) the lowest point in our history. The fact anyone bothered is remarkable.

My son is going down with his mates with the CLS Branch. should be a good day out for them all.
One of the best branches about, travelled on a lot and when I do go now it’s with those. Got a bad habit of winning the football card on it as well! Hope your boy enjoys himself!

Correct, I get sick of hearing about 'our support', its fking boring. I have been a season ticket holder for 29 years and I dont applaud myself for watching shite. I do it because I am a fan of the team where I come from, simple as that, the attendance was announced on the PA last saturday and people were clapping themselves, whats that all about! Conner Bromley interviewing Gooch today on SAFC asking if he has shivers playing in front of amazing away support, embarrassing to fuck
When people clap man 😂😂😂😂😂

Fancied this all season as best mates nearby but home stuff n pre new year form sacked it off.

Hopefully massively regret that.

been like that for a while but we've all been young and daft in the past. good on them, they're the future and as long as they're not being total clowns i'm all for it.
Done it myself, a lot of years ago mind.

Aye I went in pre-season, was in a Wetherspoons about 10 minutes from the ground.

My daughter lives on the Rotherham/Sheffield border and we were there in the summer one night after going down to help her decorate. The big dingy spoons nearest the station has been sold on, the nice airy spoons with the seats outside is still a spoons, but its harder to find than the big one they have got rid of. Quite a few other good pubs doing good real ale near the ground.
329 fans turned up at Gillingham.

Midweek, tickets had only been in sale for a couple of days, no public transport, 700 mile round trip, last minute so anyone who works would be precluded. All this and at (at that point) the lowest point in our history. The fact anyone bothered is remarkable.

The 400 at Scunny on a midweek night in the Checkatrade is also admiral (I was there ;) ), but 329 at Gillingham at that point is bloody remarkable and they all deserve a medal (I wasn't at that one, although did go down for the league match).

Last edited:

Back