Missiles being hoyed all game from North Stand Upper

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mags sell 95% of their home tix, have concessions next to away supporters, and have at least three established singing areas (Gallowgate, Strawberry corner and L7 corner). We all look toward the South Stand and expect them to bring all the atmosphere.

And tbh, and at risk of an "unpopular opinion" moment, the south stand for the ones we look to for atmosphere, aren't really up to much. The South West corner was much better

Because I am not 15 years old. I consider 30 year old lads going to the match just to sing a bit sad, so no I won’t be doing it. Haven’t got anything against those who do but it isn’t for me.

There are other ways to support the team than making up rhymes about the players - shouting, pressuring referees, roaring to drive them on while countering, etc. - all of which I will do, and I am very vocal at the match. I don’t mind the occasional verse of Sunderland Sunderland Sunderland, but I just think it’s a bit sad singing some of the songs that go around.

Is that okay or am I not a proper fan?

This! The famous Roker Roar was never a ditty about certain players, it was a wall of noise, a literal roar. You didn't need to learn a tune or learn words. I miss the Roker Roar.

Word from Andrew who runs the RAWA is we’ve received over 40 detailed emails that we’re working through, putting together a report that is going to be reviewed by Amanda Jacks at the FSF at the end of this week. This is gonna being issued to SAFC, CCFC, Northumbria and West Midlands Police.

Hopefully the coppers who did fuck all get it in the neck as much as the cowardly shit-heads who were throwing things.

West Midlands force

Ones who backed their South Yorkshire colleges owa the hillsbrough disaster :rolleyes:

Had a phone call from Steve Neill this morning, as i'm sure a few of you will have also.
Basically apologising about what went on on Saturday and taking responsibility for it, as ultimatley the buck stops with him.
They had liased with numbers of different coventry groups about the travelling support, protest groups to be as accomodating as possible and basically had it all thrown back in the clubs face.
In all of the games coventry have travelled to they haven't used a single pyrotechnic.. they set off 5 at our place (2 arrested specifiaclly for this)
The first arrests of their supporters were as they got off one of the buses at 12:15 and were instantly causing bother, then further arrests in the Wheatsheaf.
The head security steward was indeed sacked at half time for gross misconduct, he wasn't doing his job, he was watching the game from the north stand upper while it was all kicking off, he then attempted to argue at the control room door in the 2nd half as to why he'd been sacked and had to be removed.
Disciplinary action to be taken against a number of stewards for not doing their job properly and not communicating correctly higher up the chain. Agree'd that stewarding wasnt carried out as it should have been and "Theres nothing i can do" is not an acceptable answer.
No glass is available in the away support concourse, glass must have been smuggled in from outside (search protocols reviewed)
Soft drinks will be decanted from bottles into plastic cups for away support going forward.
Spreading away fans into the premier concourse to keep the front rows, clear can be done.

The club are taking it seriously, putting plans in place for the future and also holding their hands up.

Had a phone call from Steve Neill this morning, as i'm sure a few of you will have also.
Basically apologising about what went on on Saturday and taking responsibility for it, as ultimatley the buck stops with him.
They had liased with numbers of different coventry groups about the travelling support, protest groups to be as accomodating as possible and basically had it all thrown back in the clubs face.
In all of the games coventry have travelled to they haven't used a single pyrotechnic.. they set off 5 at our place (2 arrested specifiaclly for this)
The first arrests of their supporters were as they got off one of the buses at 12:15 and were instantly causing bother, then further arrests in the Wheatsheaf.
The head security steward was indeed sacked at half time for gross misconduct, he wasn't doing his job, he was watching the game from the north stand upper while it was all kicking off, he then attempted to argue at the control room door in the 2nd half as to why he'd been sacked and had to be removed.
Disciplinary action to be taken against a number of stewards for not doing their job properly and not communicating correctly higher up the chain. Agree'd that stewarding wasnt carried out as it should have been and "Theres nothing i can do" is not an acceptable answer.
No glass is available in the away support concourse, glass must have been smuggled in from outside (search protocols reviewed)
Soft drinks will be decanted from bottles into plastic cups for away support going forward.
Spreading away fans into the premier concourse to keep the front rows, clear can be done.

The club are taking it seriously, putting plans in place for the future and also holding their hands up.

Great news about the head steward normally I'm not one for people losing their jobs

In this case he deserves it

Hope something going to be done about the polis who'd dine fuck all too

Last edited:

No mention of police?

I wonder if the police will be so open and take any appropriate action in relation to the response of their staff in attendance on the day, maybe "there's nothing I can do about it" is deemed an appropriate response by Northumbria's finest

No mention of police?
Usually have 15 police on duty, had around 60 on i believe he said, spread outside, the surrounding area and in the stand. They brought their own "Spotters" in blue vests to take cctv.
He said what should have happened and will in the future, is that he can stop the game to regain order.. lots of mistakes and lots of lessons learned.

Usually have 15 police on duty, had around 60 on i believe he said, spread outside, the surrounding area and in the stand. They brought their own "Spotters" in blue vests to take cctv.
He said what should have happened and will in the future, is that he can stop the game to regain order.. lots of mistakes and lots of lessons learned.
Lovely bloke ,he's Totaly devasted about Saturday, asked for a Hold back from the Police to keep them in the ground ,was denied and they spilled out and caused loads of Bother around the Coaches aswell

Coventry FC statement was a disgrace

And don’t expect the police to take this seriously enough. The way they behaved during/after the central station fiasco was disgusting
He did agree that the coventry statement was a disgrace, the Coventry officer told him and the club that the trouble down there was started and caused by the coventry supporters.
Its logged in the police intelligence database as being as a result of Coventry supporters.

Fair enough. It was an absolute disgrace but at least the bloke has had the decency to hold his hands up, admit mistakes were made and, crucially, has taken steps to ensure it doesn't happen again. Hopefully the police will also accept their not inconsiderable role in it and will be similarly honest, and hopefully more of the perpetrators can be found and can receive a knock on the door. Hopefully just a one off where at least no one was seriously injured and lessons can be learned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back