Minor annoyances

Thanks for the clarification marra but nope, still f***ing clueless mate.🤣

A 21st century issue that I don't have to worry about apparently.🙂

How about this then; I get an email from a lass I used to know in the 80s who moved to the States and from whom I haven’t heard a whisper in 5 years. She wants to reconnect and apologises for the absence of comms.

I put the email in my (metaphorical) ‘to do’ folder.

7 days later she emails me a combined ‘I’m worried about you’ and ‘why the fuck haven’t you replied you bastard’ email. The email goes on to apologise to whoever may be reading it, if I’ve died since she was last in touch. Then she goes on to explain that she’s contacted some other mutual old friends and they don’t know if I’m dead either. So she assumes I’m being a dickhead.

I emailed to say thatvI thought I’d better let her know I wasn’t dead. Since then I’ve heard not a peep.

That’s pretty irritating innit.

How about this then; I get an email from a lass I used to know in the 80s who moved to the States and from whom I haven’t heard a whisper in 5 years. She wants to reconnect and apologises for the absence of comms.

7 days later she emails me a combined ‘I’m worried about you’ and ‘why the fuck haven’t you replied you bastard’ email. The email goes on to apologise to whoever may be reading it, if I’ve died since she was last in touch. Then she goes on to explain that she’s contacted some other mutual old friends and they don’t know if I’m dead either. So she assumes I’m being a dickhead.

I emailed to say thatvI thought I’d better let her know I wasn’t dead. Since then I’ve heard not a peep.

That's not a minor annoyance that's a major annoyance

Iritating yes.
But if you are are putting yourself in that world, that might happen.
You could just give it a good f***ing ignoring and get on with stuff marra.
Delete button.

The internet was supposed to widen peoples horizons and knowledge, but as you are demonstrating, it has, in many cases, just served to congest the narrow parts of most peoples lives.

Last edited:
Iritating yes.
But if you are are putting yourself in that world, that might happen.
You could just give it a good f***ing ignoring and get on with stuff marra.
Delete button.

You are, of course, correct.

I place the blame on most people being Facebook, instagram and/or Twitter users and expecting a meaningless one sentence response on a regular basis. When I email somebody it’s more like a letter. Which is why I’m not in touch with a lot of people who pretend we’re still friends I suppose

You are, of course, correct.

I place the blame on most people being Facebook, instagram and/or Twitter users and expecting a meaningless one sentence response on a regular basis. When I email somebody it’s more like a letter. Which is why I’m not in touch with a lot of people who pretend we’re still friends I suppose
Agree mate. An email is exactly that. An electronic letter. Treat it that way.

Checkout operator chatting to someone she clearly knows, took ages. My turn, checkout operator turns into a tornado, all my goods crushed to fcuk at the end of the conveyor belt. Fuming.
Yeah, that pisses me off.
Are they on commission for how many folk they serve?

Twice I've had items fall off the edge because they doing it so quickly.

Yeah, that pisses me off.
Are they on commission for how many folk they serve?

Twice I've had items fall off the edge because they doing it so quickly.
Dunno mate, just see it as a total lack of respect, considering the operator was totally fragile with the customer before me, whom she clearly knew.

Blink doorbell cameras stopped working, it’s within its warranty, Amazon won’t replace, just refund after I send it back, so I checked what I bought it for and what they cost to buy now and they’re a tenner dearer, I tried to explain that as it’s within its warranty surely they can just let me send them this one then send me a new one or refund me 60 so I can again send it back and buy another. Nope.

Blink doorbell cameras stopped working, it’s within its warranty, Amazon won’t replace, just refund after I send it back, so I checked what I bought it for and what they cost to buy now and they’re a tenner dearer, I tried to explain that as it’s within its warranty surely they can just let me send them this one then send me a new one or refund me 60 so I can again send it back and buy another. Nope.
Read this three times and still have no clue. But good luck

Bloke put the safety card back into the seat in front upside down, back to front and at an angle of about 28 degrees from plum. i couldn’t rest until it was out straight.

Back