Minor annoyances

White van fuckers parking bang on T junctions so you can't see if theres owt coming when you pull out . " Oh but im working at that house " . Yeah but the only thing you'll need from the van is a bigger screw or bit of pipe , youre plumbers and sparkys, walk 20 yards you shit houses .
And breaking the law.
Should be 10 metres from a junction.

Checkout operator chatting to someone she clearly knows, took ages. My turn, checkout operator turns into a tornado, all my goods crushed to fcuk at the end of the conveyor belt. Fuming.
Or when you order your purchases on the conveyor belt so that the heaviest articles are first with the delicate crushables last, which is a pain of course cos you've put the heavy crap at the bottom of your basket in the first place etc.

Only for them to grab and scan the crushables first before sending the two litre bottles of OJ etc. down the belt to crush them.

I usually refill it and boil it so whoever comes after me isn’t standing around waiting. It’s no additional effort.
Waste of energy, that, mind. How do you know someone is going to need the hot water that soon after you? Surely all that's going to happen is they're going to get there, wonder if it's already hot and then reboil the bugger anyway just to make sure.

Checkout operator chatting to someone she clearly knows, took ages. My turn, checkout operator turns into a tornado, all my goods crushed to fcuk at the end of the conveyor belt. Fuming.

I hate checkout operators talking to their mate on the next till, or their off duty mate partly in my way. Bloody ignorant and bad mannered.

Without fail I come out with my stock phrase “ Do you want to do your job and serve me, then talk to your friend later, please”

Works every time👍

The women in Heron foods who wear headsets and chat to each other constantly. You’re standing next to one and they suddenly blurt something out and you think they’re talking to you.

Waste of energy, that, mind. How do you know someone is going to need the hot water that soon after you? Surely all that's going to happen is they're going to get there, wonder if it's already hot and then reboil the bugger anyway just to make sure.
There’s about 30 people in my office and the kettle is being used constantly, no threat of it being stood idle

The new pot noodle advert with the greedy cow slurping really loudly.

Infact that's not a minor annoyance. It makes me want to stab a screwdriver through my ears

I’d disagree with this in a number of ways.
In a larger office, it’s more cost effective to have a larger boiler which heats and holds hot water at a useful temperature than it is to boil a kettle multiple times a day.
The other aspect is the staff cost. And whilst it’s pennies per kettle boil, it soon mounts up across a year. That said, I do think that a bit of social time in the office kitchen is a good thing so I’m not putting this across as definitive, but in terms of costs alone it’s better.

I’m the opposite, need my 5 minutes skiving waiting for it to boil.

Point in case.

Going out of my way to shop at the big Tesco for the unreal savings then forgetting to scan my clubcard at the checkout.

Genuinely ruins my day sometimes.
Well you’re not talking a couple of quid, my bill dropped from something like £160 to £138 last weekend!

A foreign lad had a similar amount last year n woman asked if he had clubcard, he said no. Surely she could have swiped one or something the poor fecker, before i offered mine he’d coughed up about £200.

Well you’re not talking a couple of quid, my bill dropped from something like £160 to £138 last weekend!

A foreign lad had a similar amount last year n woman asked if he had clubcard, he said no. Surely she could have swiped one or something the poor fecker, before i offered mine he’d coughed up about £200.
She’d get sacked for that. Remember a couple of people being sacked at the Asda petrol station for stealing points a few years back

I’d disagree with this in a number of ways.
In a larger office, it’s more cost effective to have a larger boiler which heats and holds hot water at a useful temperature than it is to boil a kettle multiple times a day.
The other aspect is the staff cost. And whilst it’s pennies per kettle boil, it soon mounts up across a year. That said, I do think that a bit of social time in the office kitchen is a good thing so I’m not putting this across as definitive, but in terms of costs alone it’s better.
A boiling water tap that keeps the water ready at all times, rather than a kettle being repeatedly boiled, may well be better for energy use. Indeed, that's what my office has. However, that's not what I said was inefficient so I don't think you actually do disagree with me at all.

I said that what the other poster was doing, using a regular kettle and reboiling it on the off-chance someone needed it in the next few minutes, is an inefficient use of energy. Sounds like you agree, as you're promoting the use of an always-on boiling water tap.

When I worked in my previous job, they just used a normal cheap kettle and it had to be replaced every few months because it was being boiled so many times a day. Another reason not to do it.

Back