Mike Ashley looking to invest in an EFL club

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think he'd be perfect for your club and here's why.

You know exactly what you're getting, which is an owner that will not put your club into dire financial situations that could destroy it.
You also know he's coming in as a billionaire owner but not as a billionaire spendthrift.
You will know exactly how he works due to his 13 years at Newcastle and bear in mind Newcastle are still premier league even after a few blips.
You can be fairly certain he'll get your club back into the premier league and into the black...and will get your club playing against the best of the rest of the clubs outside of the elite clubs.

He may not be Mary Poppins trustworthy in all aspects of business but then again no billionaire becomes one with this frame of mind.
I'm a Newcastle fan and I seriously do not want him to go, because if he does sell up to the Sheikh's and co, we likely become the plastic club I didn't ever want to see.

Imagine getting an owner who can kickstart your club with the biggest experience of ownership and the mindset of what to do and what not to do.
You are getting no green as grass owner in Ashley and he's been there done that and worn the T-shirt of just about everything that can be cast against him and shown himself to be one tough bloke.

This is exactly what your club needs, in my absolute honest opinion.
Many of you will likely baulk at the prospect of someone like Ashley, for no other reason than him being an ex Newcastle owner and/or the massive stigma that mainly Newcastle fans have attached to him which have made the country prick up their ears and especially in the north east about how bad this man's supposed to be.

Just remember when he came to Newcastle, he came with the similar aura of this Sheikh and co, in terms of some moneybags messiah owner who was going to bankroll the club onto the big elite scene.
We all know what happened when his first attempt to appease the fans went with appointing a fans messiah and trying to be one of the fans.
It was all bragging and cuddling from the fans until he made the error of not realising the messiah was prone to dummy spitting.

You lot do not have this preconceived notion about him being a moneybags messiah. You know what you're getting and you also know it is by far not all bad and in fact is more good than anything bad in terms of what he can do for your club against what others have tried and failed to do for long enough.

Aye I'm a Newcastle fan but I'm serious with my opinion on what benefit he could be to your club and also serious in terms of me being happy enough to keep him at Newcastle if this takeover collapses.

If you get the chance you want to welcome him with open arms......in my opinion.

Last edited:
He did. However, he did it to protect a very significant investment.

If buys SAFC for £40 million, invests a further £15 million to get you in the Championship and then has you operating in the black, I guess he will be happy. He will still have a good platform to publicise his other businesses in Div 2.
Do you not think he might also want to prove a point with you lot up the road?

As desperate as we are I wouldn’t want him any wear near. It would be like swapping your babysitter from Fred west to Josef fritzel

No. Why would he? He cares about money, do you think he would spend £100 million to "prove a point"? I doubt it.
I am not so sure, how does the saying go “There is nothing worse than a lover scorned “ . He paints a picture ,from what I have seen and heard from you lot , that he has a vindictive streak in him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back