Mike Ashley looking to invest in an EFL club

Made them financially stable after they were teetering on the brink when he took over. Had them in Europe (and as far as a quarter final I think). Bankrolled Championship winning teams twice when they suffered relegation. Spent shitloads. From memory McLaren had 80m one season. Benitez had 100m plus? Bruce 60m? Appointed fans choice managers on a few occasions (Shearer, Keegan, Benitez). Eventually (it looks like) selling them to new owners making them potentially the richest club in the world. That or we can stick with nice guy Donald. Umb?

Im pretty sure he let rafa splash £50m in championhip
He did. However, he did it to protect a very significant investment.

If buys SAFC for £40 million, invests a further £15 million to get you in the Championship and then has you operating in the black, I guess he will be happy. He will still have a good platform to publicise his other businesses in Div 2.

Absolutely not, but the issue the mags had with him is the on-field aspect. Which is something he couldnt do any worse at.

Absolutely, Donald out and asap.

I have higher standards than the mags. I have off field and on field problems with him. I want him nowhere near my club.

Made them financially stable after they were teetering on the brink when he took over. Had them in Europe (and as far as a quarter final I think). Bankrolled Championship winning teams twice when they suffered relegation. Spent shitloads. From memory McLaren had 80m one season. Benitez had 100m plus? Bruce 60m? Appointed fans choice managers on a few occasions (Shearer, Keegan, Benitez). Eventually (it looks like) selling them to new owners making them potentially the richest club in the world. That or we can stick with nice guy Donald. Umb?
Aye but, but, zero hour contracts.
Get out of our club you fat cockney wanker.

Back