Mike Ashley looking to invest in an EFL club

Would bite his hand off. He's s very good chairman, the idiots up the road just didn't realize what and thought they deserved more.

Agree to certain extent. Think he need a better scouting/ recruitment setup. They seemed a bit in the dark ages with player recruitment. Could see them going down next season with him in charge

It is the kind of move the guy would make just piss off Mags who have slaughtered him. People like that have no humility and always continue their petty World of conflict. He is not ethical with his business and work force. I'd rather not go near as for me, we'd be selling out as they have to a human rights bypassing dicatator. It would also feel like we are now offcially Mags reserve team. Let's get someone in with a humantarian angle at least, plus loads of dosh ;)

Where is it reported he is actually looking at investment in a EFL Club
I remember back when the BZG take over was a thing that "a source close to Ashley" said that he is still very interested in football, doesn't feel a premier league team is an option for him but he would be interested in owning a club lower down the leagues where the monies involved are a lot lower.
Don't know if a genuine source like it seems common these days for a journalists "source" to be their imagination as they lie in bed trying to dream up some click bait for tomorrows news.
It is the kind of move the guy would make just piss off Mags who have slaughtered him. People like that have no humility and always continue their petty World of conflict. He is not ethical with his business and work force. I'd rather not go near as for me, we'd be selling out as they have to a human rights bypassing dicatator. It would also feel like we are now offcially Mags reserve team. Let's get someone in with a humantarian angle at least, plus loads of dosh ;)
It wouldn't be a move that would piss the mags off i can assure you.

Last edited:
I'm positive Ashley would get us promoted pretty fast. It would be interesting if Sunderland supporters would treat him better than the mags, their hatred towards him is incredible

Would bite his hand off. He's s very good chairman, the idiots up the road just didn't realize what and thought they deserved more.
Totally agree mate. As things stand we are a mess. Our owner doesn’t have a pot to piss in football club wise. That lot up the road think they should be better than what they are. That was their problem with Ashley.

I'm positive Ashley would get us promoted pretty fast. It would be interesting if Sunderland supporters would treat him better than the mags, their hatred towards him is incredible
He would spend enough to get you promoted to the championship at the first attempt, I feel quite confident in saying that

On the football side he’d be an upgrade on Donald. It’s virtually impossible to do a worse job. That being said he’s not particularly impressive on that front in truth. His hires aren’t particularly great and his Newcastle didn’t use their financial stability to be particularly innovative beyond the most basic of ideas.

We aren’t getting promoted out of league one under Donald, though, so I don’t know how I feel about questions of wider morality. Is Ashley any more morally objectionable than Michael Dell and the hedge fund boys? How much morality can a billionaire display? I don’t really know. Still a step above the head loppers though.

I remember back when the BZG take over was a thing that "a source close to Ashley" said that he is still very interested in football, doesn't feel a premier league team is an option for him but he would be interested in owning a club lower down the leagues where the monies involved are a lot lower.
Don't know if a genuine source like it seems common these days for a journalists "source" to be their imagination as they lie in bed trying to dream up some click bait for tomorrows news.

It wouldn't be a move that would piss the mags off i can assure you.

I get your point, but it would mean they aren't really away from him. Due to their obsession and hatred.

Back