Middle Eastern Restauraunt Food in Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea mate but last time I went past I thought it looked a goner. About a month ago maybe

The posted a while ago saying they had a leak and had to close for repairs, but looks like it's gone for good now.

I remember visiting for the first time not long after it opened, and the owners mam told me that people had said to them why are you opening in Sunderland. She said to them why not this is our home? It's a shame really, bloody difficult running a restaurant nowadays.

Last edited:

The posted a while ago saying they had a leak and had to close for repairs, but looks like it's gone for good now.

I remember visiting for the first time not long after it opened, and the owners mam told me that people had said to them why are you opening in Sunderland. She said to them why not this is our home? It's a shame really, bloody difficult running a restaurant nowadays.

Being closed for any amount of time because of issues with a property - which is probably rented - has seen off many a restaurant

It’s a shame for them. I went and where there was nothing wrong I didn’t think it was anything I’d rush back for and never ended up going again. Hope they haven’t lost money

Went to go to Arabesque last night and seen it was closed. Looks like it's definitely gone properly as opposed to refurb - the phone number they have listed apparently doesn't exist anymore and looked like all the furniture was gone.

Went to Tosca in the end :lol:

Cracking. Will give it a go.
Wonder if it’s owt to do with any of the ones I use through here. I normally use the bake in Gosforth.

It’s good because it’s a really nice takeaway cuisine but a lot of it is healthy. I often just get a flat bread covered in hummus, chicken shawarma meat and a tabouleh. A portion of some Sambousek Lamb and a labneh dip to dip them in. You don’t feel dehydrated off all the salt and you don’t feel full of lard either like kebabs.

Wonder if it’s owt to do with any of the ones I use through here. I normally use the bake in Gosforth.

It’s good because it’s a really nice takeaway cuisine but a lot of it is healthy. I often just get a flat bread covered in hummus, chicken shawarma meat and a tabouleh. A portion of some Sambousek Lamb and a labneh dip to dip them in. You don’t feel dehydrated off all the salt and you don’t feel full of lard either like kebabs.
Have you tried Beirut lounge. On Heaton road? Absolutely class restaurant. BYO drinks too.

Love Lebanese food me. Ladies fingers Mmmmmm. Can't beat warm flat breads dipped in taramasalata.

I'll definitely be giving this place a go.

Have you tried Beirut lounge. On Heaton road? Absolutely class restaurant. BYO drinks too.

Love Lebanese food me. Ladies fingers Mmmmmm. Can't beat warm flat breads dipped in taramasalata.

I'll definitely be giving this place a go.
Yes I have. If I’m getting a takeaway I’ll go to the bake but if I’m out I’ll go there. In all honesty I don’t think I’ve ever had a bad Lebanese meal. It’s really simple food to make but I love the ingredients what they use. I’d be absolutely amazed if this fails in the town.

Yes I have. If I’m getting a takeaway I’ll go to the bake but if I’m out I’ll go there. In all honesty I don’t think I’ve ever had a bad Lebanese meal. It’s really simple food to make but I love the ingredients what they use. I’d be absolutely amazed if this fails in the town.
I'm not so confident in Sunderland folk, unfortunately.

I'll do me best to pouch as much as I can mind.

I've been waiting for a Lebanese place here for about a decade. It'll probably do takeaways as well as sitty ins, if so I'll be eating the stuff every night

I'm not so confident in Sunderland folk, unfortunately.

I'll do me best to pouch as much as I can mind.
I think it’ll be a success. I was surprised when it said it was the first one. It’s really popular. I’ll give it a try when I’m through my lasses house.
I've been waiting for a Lebanese place here for about a decade. It'll probably do takeaways as well as sitty ins, if so I'll be eating the stuff every night
It’ll have to do takeaways for its location. Wonder if Sunderland is close to getting Deliveroo. Would be a good boost to the restaurants in the town that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back