Michael Vaughan

Vaughan is an absolute knacker. Shame because his cricket knowledge is very insightful. Enjoyed his and tuffers podcast series so far especially the episode with Jeremy Coney.

Michael Vaughan is probably not a racist. Michael Vaughan however is a cock, and lacks awareness. It would hardly be a shock if he said things because he thought he was being witty

From my understanding (please correct me if I'm wrong) is that the allegations towards him are less serious than the others. Ie he was accused of allowing racism to take place rather than racially abusing anyone directly. Which makes it bizarre that he hasn't just apologised.

Doubling down on the denial will probably be what costs him his career

From my understanding (please correct me if I'm wrong) is that the allegations towards him are less serious than the others. Ie he was accused of allowing racism to take place rather than racially abusing anyone directly. Which makes it bizarre that he hasn't just apologised.

Well, he was accused of saying “there are too many of your lot, we need to do something about that”

(I paraphrase so could have got the words wrong, but that was the insinuation I think)

Michael Vaughan is probably not a racist. Michael Vaughan however is a cock, and lacks awareness. It would hardly be a shock if he said things because he thought he was being witty
The thing I don't get about Vaughan is there are numerous tweets and other incidents where he has been racist.

I dunno how he stayed on after the Moeen Ali stuff. Seen other high profile figures and I hate to use the term "cancelled" over less.
How is someone proven to be an anti-Semite.

Surely one comment does not make someone an anti-semite. Vaughan on the other hand has been consistently racist on social media.

Piers Morgan was racist about Moeen Ali in a newspaper article and Vaughan agreed with the racist article.

Last edited:
The thing I don't get about Vaughan is there are numerous tweets and other incidents where he has been racist.

I dunno how he stayed on after the Moeen Ali stuff. Seen other high profile figures and I hate to use the term "cancelled" over less.

How is someone proven to be an anti-Semite.

Surely one comment does not make someone an anti-semite. Vaughan on the other hand has been consistently racist on social media.

Piers Morgan was racist about Moeen Ali in a newspaper article and Vaughan agreed with the racist article.
Aside from the Moeen thing, what else has he done? (I know how ridiculous that sounds btw)

I’m not standing up for him, I guess I just think he’s a gobshite as much as anything

Aside from the Moeen thing, what else has he done? (I know how ridiculous that sounds btw)

I’m not standing up for him, I guess I just think he’s a gobshite as much as anything
People have found plenty of twitter posts from him. There's the old classic of nobody speaks English in london anymore.

He congratulated "Steve" or rather Cheteswar Pujara on a hundred. Delighted to tell the world how Yorkshire likes to call him that cos they cba to say his name properly.

There just the ones off the top of me head. There's a lot more, there was one about Sri Lankans and their hard to pronounce names too iirc .
Here's a thread(some aren't racist mind) but the implication is there imo

I was wrong about the Sri Lankan one. That one not racist per se.

Last edited:
People have found plenty of twitter posts from him. There's the old classic of nobody speaks English in london anymore.

He congratulated "Steve" or rather Cheteswar Pujara on a hundred. Delighted to tell the world how Yorkshire likes to call him that cos they cba to say his name properly.

There just the ones off the top of me head. There's a lot more, there was one about Sri Lankans and their hard to pronounce names too iirc .
Here's a thread(some aren't racist mind) but the implication is there imo

I was wrong about the Sri Lankan one. That one not racist per se.

Majority of them fall in to the idiotic category rather than necessarily racist. The Moeen one was though.

A lack of awareness that you’re saying racist things, think it’s just banter or whatever, isn’t an excuse. He has a track record for saying racist things. He is racist.

The fact he just slinked back on to our screens in the winter at BT was ridiculous. They went to the extent of providing their own commentary team in order to avoid having him on to having Vaughan as a studio guest in about 3 weeks.

I was shocked when he appeared on TMS. It felt like they just thought they could sneak him on and nobody would notice. I’m pleased they’ve been pulled up on it and he’s been shoved back into the long grass. He’s a crap pundit anyway.

Sorry, but telling Moeen Ali he - and all Muslims - need to apologise for f***ing Isis makes him a racist in my book.
Majority of them fall in to the idiotic category rather than necessarily racist. The Moeen one was though.
In isolation, idiotic. A constant stream of them, however, says something different.

Last edited:

Back