Metro Bank One Day Cup - Preview

Privthi Shaw out of the remainder of the one day cup with a knee injury.

Northants post 252 without him today and Worcs need 86 from 19 overs with 8 wickets remaining.

Shame we had to play Northants already!!!

Watching the QF between Hampshire and Worcestershire on YT.

Hants got a decent total - 303 and Worcs currently 174/3 in the 34th over.

Hants probably favourites but Worcs have plenty of wickets in hand but could be a close finish.

Watching the QF between Hampshire and Worcestershire on YT.

Hants got a decent total - 303 and Worcs currently 174/3 in the 34th over.

Hants probably favourites but Worcs have plenty of wickets in hand but could be a close finish.
Just seen Worcs needeed 35 from 24 with 6 wickets in hand yet lost by 10 runs.

Spectacular failure that mind.

Leicestershire have Gloucs 103/7.

So looking like Leicestershire will join Hampafrica in the final.

Would love Leicestershire to win, would really be fitting. As cricket in this country gives off the impression it would love counties like them to go bust.

Fellow named Salisbury for Leics,just returning from injury,got 7 wickets at under 12 a piece and economy rate at 3.45.
Wonder where they picked up him from?

I see the Final is in 18 days time (and on a Saturday) unlike the farce of two years ago when we beat Surrey in the semis at Ch le St and then played Glamorgan in the final two days later.

Far from over, but van Meek is trying to give it away.

Absolute disgrace that these aren't on telly, what an absolute shitshow of a sport this is at the minute.

Absolute disgrace that these aren't on telly, what an absolute shitshow of a sport this is at the minute.

They're on YouTube, but it seems farcial Sky are showing another re-run of the Hundred final when there's important semi finals being played.

Personally I think it’s a great sport to watch at the moment and as far a way from shitshow you can get.

It’s been a absolute great summer, the blast was a great tournament and the best team in the competition who won an amazing 12 out of 14 league games Somerset were worthy winners on finals day.

This hundred was great entertainment has been a great watch as well with the group winners winning the tournament, again worthy winners, performing brilliantly after been 34 for 5 in the final.

Durham doing very well in the championship and looking set for promotion again great stuff.

The Ashes was an absolutely magnificent series and brilliant entertainment, from the very first ball when Crawley hit that four and but for rain we would have won the Ashes back, be playing a brand of entertaining and positive cricket never seen before in test cricket.

All in all been some brilliant cricket on show and superb entertainment all round.

We now move on again to our national white ball team who are currently world champions in both formats again that is brilliant for cricket in this country.

We currently have a brilliant test team that has been completely turned around the last 18 months and the style of play is simply a joy to watch and soo refreshing and great for test cricket as a whole.

What a time to be a cricket watcher in this country!!

Never seen anything even remotely close in the 40 years of me watching cricket to the entertainment this game is providing in this country at the moment

They're on YouTube, but it seems farcial Sky are showing another re-run of the Hundred final when there's important semi finals being played.
Doesn't it just, the sport is being dissected before our very eyes.

Semi finals of the one day cup, with the world champions starting the defence of this format's world cup in a couple of weeks, not on telly.

Pathetic.
Personally I think it’s a great sport to watch at the moment and as far a way from shitshow you can get.

It’s been a absolute great summer, the blast was a great tournament and the best team in the competition who won an amazing 12 out of 14 league games Somerset were worthy winners on finals day.

This hundred was great entertainment has been a great watch as well with the group winners winning the tournament, again worthy winners, performing brilliantly after been 34 for 5 in the final.

Durham doing very well in the championship and looking set for promotion again great stuff.

The Ashes was an absolutely magnificent series and brilliant entertainment, from the very first ball when Crawley hit that four and but for rain we would have won the Ashes back, be playing a brand of entertaining and positive cricket never seen before in test cricket.

All in all been some brilliant cricket on show and superb entertainment all round.

We now move on again to our national white ball team who are currently world champions in both formats again that is brilliant for cricket in this country.

We currently have a brilliant test team that has been completely turned around the last 18 months and the style of play is simply a joy to watch and soo refreshing and great for test cricket as a whole.

What a time to be a cricket watcher in this country!!

Never seen anything even remotely close in the 40 years of me watching cricket to the entertainment this game is providing in this country at the moment
No first class cricket in the north east for two months in the height of summer, the one day cup ruined. Blah blah, etc etc.. Your infantile view of the 16.farce has been noted many times.

Really not arsed with going through this again with you.

Last edited:
Doesn't it just, the sport is being dissected before our very eyes.

Semi finals of the one day cup, with the world champions starting the defence of this format's world cup in a couple of weeks, not on telly.

Pathetic.

No first class cricket in the north east for two months in the height of summer, the one day cup ruined. Blah blah, etc etc.. Your infantile view of the 16.farce has been noted many times.

Really not arsed with going through this again with you.
Good, but like I said never know in 40 years of watching cricket the entertainment of cricket in this country been as good as it is in all formats as it is at the moment.

That’s something to celebrate and have explained in detail in that post why.
You may think cricket is a shitshow at the moment, I happen to think it’s more entertaining than ever before in this country

Last edited:
Good, but like I said never know in 40 years of watching cricket the entertainment of cricket in this country been as good as it is in all formats as it is at the moment.

That’s something to celebrate and have explained in detail in that post why.
You may think cricket is a shitshow at the moment, I happen to think it’s more entertaining than ever before in this country
As I said, infantile.

To save time:

I post something about the state of administration of the sport
You post: The 16.4 is great!
I post some stuff about growing disillusionment in the sport
I post something about the future of the sport in large parts of the country
You post: I watch 16.4, it great!

See you in a few weeks.

As I said, infantile.

To save time:

I post something about the state of administration of the sport
I post some stuff about growing disillusionment in the sport
I post something about the future of the sport in large parts of the country
You post: I watch 16.4, it great!

See you in a few weeks.
England are world champions in both white ball tournaments, and England have the most entertaining test side ever seen in this country.

All of that is cause for celebration as our national cricket side taken account all formats is in the best place it’s ever been.

It’s a unprecedented great time for England cricket supporters never seen before in this country.

Absolutely none of that is about the hundred,

Yet all you do post after post is twist about cricket in this country, when we have never seen it soo good!

Last edited:
England are world champions in both white ball tournaments, and England have the most entertaining test side ever seen in this country.

All of that is cause for celebration as our national cricket side taken account all formats is in the best place it’s ever been.

It’s a unprecedented great time for England cricket supporters never seen before in this country.

Absolutely none of that is about the hundred,

Yet all you do post after post is twist about cricket in this country, when we have never seen it soo good!
and you totally ignore the gripe that the vast majority of the country are unable to watch a tournament live

Back