Metro Bank One Day Cup - Preview

Was going to leave this until after the game this week but hey ho.

So we're a week away from the warm up games for the One Day Cup. Durham have a warm up game vs Northumberland a week today at Jesmond.

I am unable to find any bookies odds but I hope Durham can improve on the shambles last season. 1 win in 8 wasn't great and that defeat at home to Surrey at Gosforth will stick in my mind for a very long time, it was so poor.

My understanding is Sowter, Potts, Carse, Raine are all away with the 100 along with Wood and Stokes. Reading online it appears De Leede and Ollie Robinson are in the Northern Superchargers side which I wasn't aware of.

I think I read players can be released to play for their counties, so we'll see with that going forward.

So looking at Durham squad we know who is available.

Clark
McKinney
Jones
Crawshaw
Bushnell
Lees
Borthwick
Bedingham
Coughlin
Doneathy
Gibson
Coughlin
Killeen
Glover
Drissell
Mackintosh - One assumes he will keep wicket?
McAlindon
Trevaskis

Obviously a great opportunity for some younger players to get some important game time. Just hope it's better than last season that is my only expectation, genuinely no idea what to expect. Hopefully it's a good campaign for us though.

Robinson joins 5 other Durham mens players who will feature in the Hundred this season. Ben Stokes, Brydon Carse and Matthew Potts have all been retained with the Northern Superchargers based in Leeds while Mark Wood has been named as the London Spirit’s ECB Central Contracted player. Nathan Sowter has also been retained by the Oval Invincibles.

Robinson joins 5 other Durham mens players who will feature in the Hundred this season. Ben Stokes, Brydon Carse and Matthew Potts have all been retained with the Northern Superchargers based in Leeds while Mark Wood has been named as the London Spirit’s ECB Central Contracted player. Nathan Sowter has also been retained by the Oval Invincibles.

Interesting no mention about Bas De Leede.

Looking forward to this, was thinking of calling up for the first game but remembered i have tickets for the Hartlepool game. Will be able to get to the other 3 though, be nice to give some others an opportunity, hopefully we get to see a few of the others too if they get released to play.

What is the format for this? Two random groups of 9 and you play each team in your group once?
Group A: Essex Eagles, Hampshire, Kent Spitfires, Lancashire, Leicestershire Foxes, Middlesex, Notts Outlaws, Surrey, Yorkshire Vikings

Group B: Derbyshire, Durham, Glamorgan, Gloucestershire, Northamptonshire Steelbacks, Somerset, Sussex Sharks, Warwickshire, Worcestershire Rapids

Could well be, can't find anything about it. I'll assume he won't be with us as it stands which is a shame

Looks like it's going to be the younger lads who will be doing so. Ideally could do with Coughlin back
He was not retained or selected in the wildcard draft. By that we should have Raine for the whole competition, gives us a consistent performer in the seam department.

Coughlin must be close to being ready, a real game changer in all areas. Not guaranteed to be consistent, but brings some X factor

He was not retained or selected in the wildcard draft. By that we should have Raine for the whole competition, gives us a consistent performer in the seam department.

Coughlin must be close to being ready, a real game changer in all areas. Not guaranteed to be consistent, but brings some X factor
Hearing some news that he could be getting pulled in as a replacement. Quite a few seam injuries at the Originals

Back