Metro Bank One Day Cup - Preview

Was going to leave this until after the game this week but hey ho.

So we're a week away from the warm up games for the One Day Cup. Durham have a warm up game vs Northumberland a week today at Jesmond.

I am unable to find any bookies odds but I hope Durham can improve on the shambles last season. 1 win in 8 wasn't great and that defeat at home to Surrey at Gosforth will stick in my mind for a very long time, it was so poor.

My understanding is Sowter, Potts, Carse, Raine are all away with the 100 along with Wood and Stokes. Reading online it appears De Leede and Ollie Robinson are in the Northern Superchargers side which I wasn't aware of.

I think I read players can be released to play for their counties, so we'll see with that going forward.

So looking at Durham squad we know who is available.

Clark
McKinney
Jones
Crawshaw
Bushnell
Lees
Borthwick
Bedingham
Coughlin
Doneathy
Gibson
Coughlin
Killeen
Glover
Drissell
Mackintosh - One assumes he will keep wicket?
McAlindon
Trevaskis

Obviously a great opportunity for some younger players to get some important game time. Just hope it's better than last season that is my only expectation, genuinely no idea what to expect. Hopefully it's a good campaign for us though.

Was going to leave this until after the game this week but hey ho.

So we're a week away from the warm up games for the One Day Cup. Durham have a warm up game vs Northumberland a week today at Jesmond.

I am unable to find any bookies odds but I hope Durham can improve on the shambles last season. 1 win in 8 wasn't great and that defeat at home to Surrey at Gosforth will stick in my mind for a very long time, it was so poor.

My understanding is Sowter, Potts, Carse, Raine are all away with the 100 along with Wood and Stokes. Reading online it appears De Leede and Ollie Robinson are in the Northern Superchargers side which I wasn't aware of.

I think I read players can be released to play for their counties, so we'll see with that going forward.

So looking at Durham squad we know who is available.

Clark
McKinney
Jones
Crawshaw
Bushnell
Lees
Borthwick
Bedingham
Coughlin
Doneathy
Gibson
Coughlin
Killeen
Glover
Drissell
Mackintosh - One assumes he will keep wicket?
McAlindon
Trevaskis

Obviously a great opportunity for some younger players to get some important game time. Just hope it's better than last season that is my only expectation, genuinely no idea what to expect. Hopefully it's a good campaign for us though.
Hopefully all other county’s will be fielding weaker sides too… poxy Hundred!!
Just got my ticket for the Somerset fixture at South Northumberland. Getting the Metro from the promised land.

Can you use your membership card at South North?
-
Durham’s One Day Fixtures:

Tuesday 1 - Worcestershire (h)

Friday 4 - Sussex (a)

Tuesday 8 - Glamorgan (a)

Friday 11 - Derbyshire (h)

Sunday 13 - Northants (h)

Thursday 18 - Somerset (h - Gosforth)

Sunday 20 - Warwickshire (a)

Tuesday 22 - Gloucestershire (a)

Bizarrely, this is closer to how I think the T20 Blast should be ran than what it actually is. Two groups of 9, play each team in your group once, 4 home, 4 away. All group games done and dusted inside a month.

Last edited:
-

Friday 4 - Sussex (a)

Bizarrely, this is closer to how I think the T20 Blast should be ran than what it actually is. Two groups of 9, play each team in your group once, 4 home, 4 away. All group games done and dusted inside a month.
Would be nice to take on a few different teams in T20 . Some canny games on that list. Gosforth getting a decent match with Somerset

Can you take 4 cans of lager per person in with you?
You can for one day cup games.
-

Friday 4 - Sussex (a)

Yes members card accepted at Gosforth

Back