Metro 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Precisely
still have to consider that the metro is heavily subsidised by public money so if they want to earn what NR drivers earn why don’t they just move

but I suspect Nexus are trying to fuck about with conditions and pension probably

Northern Rail get about £250-300 million a year in taxpayer subsidies.

Also they do move. Regularly. That’s why Nexus is having to take on its biggest ever training group this year. They lose
Drivers so often that they’re now having to take on 20 drivers ever year.

Last edited:

They work 11 hour shifts ? :-O

Yes... Sometimes 11 and a half hours.
Northern Rail get about £250-300 million a year in taxpayer subsidies.

Also they do move. Regularly. That’s why Nexus is having to take on its biggest ever training group this year. They lose
Drivers so often that they’re now having to take on 20 drivers ever year.

Mate, it's unreal the amount that have left over the last 18 months. More will go as well in the next few months so unless this gets sorted the service will just get worse.
So what do they look for when people apply to be drivers? Is there anything specific or is it just a lottery?

You have to have a specific set of skills. Liam Neeson would get in nee bother.
Been dragged in the whole of Christmas eve and now boxing day , that's going to improve things

There's still a full service out now. At ten on a boxing day night, Absolutely amazing to be honest. You'd have thought they want to build bridges but...

Last edited:

Mate, it's unreal the amount that have left over the last 18 months. More will go as well in the next few months so unless this gets sorted the service will just get worse.

There's still a full service out now. At ten on a boxing day night, Absolutely amazing to be honest. You'd have thought they want to build bridges but...
Can they even find me and kill me?

"More will go as well in the next few months".....And that's where I'll make my move.

Wouldn't say it was fuck all but can't be more complicated than what a bus driver does

Bus driver more complicated has to deal with idiots on road.

Metros on a bloody track man surely the drivers are there just as a safety measure or to click go to next stop.

The union know they have the public by the balls so are working it.

Wankers.
Fuckin deary me what a shit post about something you clearly know nothing about.

I'm saying 40k+ is a good wage for what they do and I'm not wrong.
Unless I'm totally oblivious to these conditions worthy of a strike and I apologise if so...

What is it that's so bad?

Last edited by a moderator:

Metros on a bloody track man surely the drivers are there just as a safety measure or to click go to next stop.

Wankers.

Unless I'm totally oblivious to these conditions worthy of a strike and I apologise if so...

Dear me. :eek:

Explain what else then rather than just say that.

If I'm wrong I apologise but I dont know full situation.

From outside looking in they are complaining for more money when there are much worse jobs out there.
Full strikes 6th and 7th January to welcome workers into the new year :lol:

Glad I dont get metro anymore go up a1 for work now so use car.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wankers.

Absolutely no point in even starting to explain to you mate, you've obviously already made up your mind.

Wankers.

The DLR manages without even that

Explain what else then rather than just say that.

If I'm wrong I apologise but I dont know full situation.

From outside looking in they are complaining for more money when there are much worse jobs out there.

Glad I dont get metro anymore go up a1 for work now so use car.

Hate driving to and from, feels like wasted time. Mind, I do find it's nice to have the option.

The DLR manages without even that

We've been through this before.
What are they mate? Even a brief answer? Is it shifts and holidays? I applied ages ago, heard nout, will keep sticking the CV in when they start recruiting

Shifts are long, work life balance is skewed, we don't get paid in line with what the mainline drivers are on, assaults on staff are up... There's loads of things mate.

It's a good job when things are going OK. But it's f***ing awful at times.

Last edited:
its literally on its last legs now , one more bad winter will see it finished
Are you a metro engineer?

But despite all your arguments, you know deep down a computer could replace you tomorrow

Last edited:
Are you a metro engineer?

But despite all your arguments, you know deep down a computer could replace you tomorrow

As usual Dave, spouting nonsense about stuff you know little about... :lol:

It would be really difficult for them to replace drivers with robots the way the system currently is.

They could do it eventually but it would cost the company an absolute fortune and they just don't have the money available to do it.
P

I haven't though.

P

Well if you think the job just involves pressing a button and going to the next station, it's gonna take me a while to explain how it's not just that.

I've already explained on various threads on this subject about what the job entails... I really can't be arsed to do it again... :lol:

Last edited:

Wankers.

Except you are wrong. Why should they accept being paid £20k a year less than other train drivers from the same f***ing city?

Think the real question is why should they be on 60k a year to start with.

No, the question is why aren’t you prepared to fight for better terms and conditions for yourself instead of complaining about those that do?

I mean, you’d presumably be happy at earning over £20k a year less than someone else doing the same job. Otherwise why would you whinge?

Last edited:
No, the question is why aren’t you prepared to fight for better terms and conditions for yourself instead of complaining about those that do?

I mean, you’d presumably be happy at earning over £20k a year less than someone else doing the same job. Otherwise why would you whinge?

Fair play to them if people are getting paid more for the same job in same city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back