Metro 2019

Many folk are allergic to buses and too tight to taxi. Such a shame for the economy. But the plod will be pleased.

have you ever got the 56 back from Newcastle? The last one on a Friday departs at 11.46, takes 1 hour and dumps you at Southwick green. Totally useless unless you live within walking distance of there. If you want to only use buses home, you are leaving at 9.46 getting into the interchange at 10.54 to catch the last bus to where you live. Stagecoach could really step it up and run the X24 past it's usual 8pm finish.

have you ever got the 56 back from Newcastle? The last one on a Friday departs at 11.46, takes 1 hour and dumps you at Southwick green. Totally useless unless you live within walking distance of there. If you want to only use buses home, you are leaving at 9.46 getting into the interchange at 10.54 to catch the last bus to where you live. Stagecoach could really step it up and run the X24 past it's usual 8pm finish.

No chance mate. Would rather stay in.

No chance mate. Would rather stay in.

that's exactly my point it's an absolute nightmare. I got it once on a normal workday when they were broken, I had to queue for best part of an hour then it was over an hour to be dropped off another bus ride from home. I swore never again. Motorbike for me and no going out after work, it is really bad for the economy because there will be plenty of others like me.

that's exactly my point it's an absolute nightmare. I got it once on a normal workday when they were broken, I had to queue for best part of an hour then it was over an hour to be dropped off another bus ride from home. I swore never again. Motorbike for me and no going out after work, it is really bad for the economy because there will be plenty of others like me.

Aye, loads at our place duffing a night out.

how would you get home
Drive as I’m not drinking. I’m sacking it off anyway but if I was drinking, it would have to be taxi.
Sat on the X24 now as got meeting in Newcastle. Why do pensioners swap seats at every stop? It’s like Mike Read’s Runaround.
Apart from the heat, it’s relatively stress free.
Trip home at rush hour will be a different matter.

Last edited:
Aye, loads at our place duffing a night out.
My work day out tomorrow. We were going to Newcastle but now sacking it off and staying in Sunderland. Could be a canny little boost for the town if quite a few people are now doing this.

Anyone going for 756 train sland to newc it’s cancelled due to shortage of drivers

station is chocka for 719

Last edited:

Back