Metro 2019

are you a runner enall ?

tell them theres no need to have so many trains only running to pelaw , complete waste of time , they always empty :lol:
They're always empty at Pelaw because they terminate there so people get off before ie city centre and heworth. The ones on a morning from Monkseaton are normally packed and if one doesn't run it can mean people can't get on trains as too busy

are you a runner enall ?

tell them theres no need to have so many trains only running to pelaw , complete waste of time , they always empty :lol:

Not sure what the bit in bold means... :lol:

I'll pass the message on but I don't think management are taking much notice of us at the minute. :lol:

Just to explain though... The main reason for the pelaw shorts is taking the strain of the city centre passengers. They're normally empty by the time they hit pelaw but that's where they turn around and go back towards Monkseaton or regent centre.
They're always empty at Pelaw because they terminate there so people get off before ie city centre and heworth. The ones on a morning from Monkseaton are normally packed and if one doesn't run it can mean people can't get on trains as too busy

And what he said... :lol:

I'll pass the message on but I don't think management are taking much notice of us at the minute. :lol:

Just to explain though... The main reason for the pelaw shorts is taking the strain of the city centre passengers. They're normally empty by the time they hit pelaw but that's where they turn around and go back towards Monkseaton or regent centre.
i know of a driver who also runs, thats all mate..

if im at monument to travel back to sland , the ones going to pelaw are almost empty leaving hundreds still standing on platforms waiting for shields or sth hylton , just seems pointless thats all

And what he said... :lol:
Cannot believe they are saying service is disrupted due to industrial action when everyone is coming in and working their shifts 😂🤔

i know of a driver who also runs, thats all mate..

if im at monument to travel back to sland , the ones going to pelaw are almost empty leaving hundreds still standing on platforms waiting for shields or sth hylton , just seems pointless thats all

There's a few who run who are also MLFs. Initials aren't PK by any chance are they? Of your mate?

Aye, it seems a bit daft but the trains that terminate at pelaw are then used to go back into the city centre. As @HeaderDownBrown says they're needed to ease the people traffic back through the city centre. Otherwise the normal running trains would be beyond full.
Cannot believe they are saying service is disrupted due to industrial action when everyone is coming in and working their shifts 😂🤔

It's ridiculous to be fair mate. The way the whole thing has been reported has been OTT. I've heard a lot of people calling it a strike n'all... :lol:

There's a lot I'd like to say on here but I really can't cos you know what the place is like. But things aren't good at the minute.

Hope you're well anyway mate?

Last edited:
There's a few who run who are also MLFs. Initials aren't PK by any chance are they? Of your mate?

Aye, it seems a bit daft but the trains that terminate at pelaw are then used to go back into the city centre. As @HeaderDownBrown says they're needed to ease the people traffic back through the city centre. Otherwise the normal running trains would be beyond full.

It's ridiculous to be fair mate. The way the whole thing has been reported has been OTT. I've heard a lot of people calling it a strike n'all... :lol:

There's a lot I'd like to say on here but I really can't cos you know what the place is like. But things aren't good at the minute.

Hope you're well anyway mate?
Aye it's a disgrace mate. Yeah all good mate, just got me line for the roster starting in a few weeks, unfortunately it looks like I won't miss many home games, maybe one until the end of the season 😂

totally nuts isn't it. To me, it would make much more sense to split the lines, do airport to Pelaw and Regent Centre to South Hylton. The South Hylton line is at capacity so you cant add more going there, but what you can do is make passengers, going to Sunderland, life easier by removing those passengers who are getting off before Pelaw, especially those with big suitcases coming from the airport. Doing that also means you can increase frequency to the airport. Sure there would be some disruption for those going to the airport from Sunderland, but it's worth it for all those commuters.

So glad I only have to use it a handful of times a year now.

Back