Methven Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up and down tbh. They did some good stuff as a club under his guidance but he was just as likely to be a disaster as be a success when put in front of a mic.
disagree... he was great on a mic at formal events. I liked that he'd get stuck in with a pint and propper chat that wasn't following the party-line script, and that's when the stuff he gets hauled up on comes out.

It was an impression I picked up before he joined. I'm not perfect. Clearly I was wrong. It happens. However, no person or group of persons are paragons of virtue. Certainly not me. I don't think Donald is Satan incarnate, but I don't think all our fans are angels either.

It's not about being right or wrong it's about making things up to suit your anti-supporters / pro Donald & Methven agenda.

It's not about being right or wrong it's about making things up to suit your anti-supporters / pro Donald & Methven agenda.

i wasn't making anything up. I made a mistake. There is a difference, unless you're infallible which I'm not. You're the one making things up now.

Your not wrong in that we’ve been shit on for so long we seem to be just waiting for the next kick in the teeth. However I look back to Alardyce for proof that even when there’s not instant success, fans could see things were improving under him and his January business changed our season completely. I know we’ve had massive setbacks since but I’d hope we’ve enough about us as supporters to get behind someone if they show they’ve got a clear plan to make things right.
Most of Parkinson’s problem is that everyone can see his plan doesn’t work with our squad yet he keeps on doing it, no one can see any sign of things improving because he appears incapable of finding any strengths we have and playing to maximise them.
JANUARY BUSINESS CHANGED OUR SEASON Mmmmmmmmm

Donald isnt the devil incarnate

Not all our fans are angels

Shows just who he favours.
:eek: :lol: :lol:

To read GOM's post where he is basically saying you should have a calmer head when looking at things and realise life isn't black and white, then you respond with that. Do you think every single fan is an angel and that SD is the worst thing to ever happen to Sunderland and he has no redeeming features? People need to take a step back from the keyboard and actually look at other clubs who have gone into administration to see what we aren't and then hopefully learn a bit of perspective.

It's nothing to do with a Manager being given time. Parkinson was never and never will be the right man for this club. The current climate has been created by the owners, not the fans.

Nothing to do with keeping/sacking Parkinson but if he was sacked and the search did begin for a successor, please have your views on Poyet and “the right man for this club” in mind if/when other fans with equally valid and strongly held views that Poyet just wouldn’t be the right mam for our club.

Nothing to do with keeping/sacking Parkinson but if he was sacked and the search did begin for a successor, please have your views on Poyet and “the right man for this club” in mind if/when other fans with equally valid and strongly held views that Poyet just wouldn’t be the right mam for our club.

I didn't say Poyet is the right man. He did well last time though.
We need a Manager to play to our strengths.

I didn't say Poyet is the right man. He did well last time though.
We need a Manager to play to our strengths.

What are they?

Someone who could motivate the players to put a shift in is the bottom line then someone who can create a system and bring their own players in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back