Methven Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fans Fault. Becoming a recurring theme with you.
This is such a tired statement.
There is so much that is wrong with our club at the moment.
It's understandable that fans' patience has worn very thin but that doesn't excuse the fact that within our grumbling fanbase there is at least a smidgeon of the entitlement culture we rightly despise our gravy stained neighbours for.
The fans are NOT the problem, but yes, we are part of the problem.

:eek: :lol: :lol:

To read GOM's post where he is basically saying you should have a calmer head when looking at things and realise life isn't black and white, then you respond with that. Do you think every single fan is an angel and that SD is the worst thing to ever happen to Sunderland and he has no redeeming features? People need to take a step back from the keyboard and actually look at other clubs who have gone into administration to see what we aren't and then hopefully learn a bit of perspective.

Yet we aren't Bury (yet). What a time to be alive.

For all the problems Methven has created with inappropriate comments, I for one wish he hadn't gone so far as to make his own position untenable.
Even though he and SD have made some shocking decisions and we are in an awful place, him resigning hasn't made it better.
I for one wont forget that when they came on shift the patient that is SAFC was in Resus suffering multi-organ failure.
There have inevitably been some difficult moments.
And don't give me the line that Short fixed it by clearing the debt. We were still hemorrhaging.

Short didn't get rid of Rodwell, Dodgy and NDong. These lads (probably Reid in particular) did.

It's understandable that fans' patience has worn very thin but that doesn't excuse the fact that within our grumbling fanbase there is at least a smidgeon of the entitlement culture we rightly despise our gravy stained neighbours for.

Entitled? To what, exactly?

For all the problems Methven has created with inappropriate comments, I for one wish he hadn't gone so far as to make his own position untenable.
Even though he and SD have made some shocking decisions and we are in an awful place, him resigning hasn't made it better.
I for one wont forget that when they came on shift the patient that is SAFC was in Resus suffering multi-organ failure.
And don't give me the line that Short fixed it by clearing the debt. We were still hemorrhaging.

Short didn't get rid of Rodwell, Dodgy and NDong. These lads (probably Reid in particular) did.

Lawyers did tbf largely down to the actions of the players.

I think that's the point I'm making.
We will come good again one day. I think that is more than a reasonable hope.
But in the short term we need to endure a bit of pain and not feel the need to decide who is to blame for that.

Why should we not feel the need to blame anyone? We are a League One club with unprecedented crowds and facilities and were in 6th place when Ross was sacked.
Bringing Parkinson in was barely believable

Rodwell walked away. The other two were sacked. Is that something to celebrate?

Last edited:

Still are hemp raving

I think that's the point I'm making.
We will come good again one day. I think that is more than a reasonable hope.
But in the short term we need to endure a bit of pain and not feel the need to decide who is to blame for that.
What does this mean?.......Short term = 3 1/2 seasons and counting?.......Including 1 1/2 Seasons with these clowns in charge.

What does this mean?.......Short term = 3 1/2 seasons and counting?.......Including 1 1/2 Seasons with these clowns in charge.
Sorry, where is this random 3 1/2 coming from? We were a basket case well before we crashed out of the prem.
And I see absolutely no point in blaming the 'clowns' for the shit that happened before their tenure.
Surely this makes for a good reason to call them something kinder. They inherited a nightmare setup and haven't yet steadied stuff.

Sorry, where is this random 3 1/2 coming from? We were a basket case well before we crashed out of the prem.
And I see absolutely no point in blaming the 'clowns' for the shit that happened before their tenure.
Surely this makes for a good reason to call them something kinder. They inherited a nightmare setup and haven't yet steadied stuff.
f***ing hell it's only been two seasons, inconsiderate arsehole fans!

Rodwell walked away. The other two were sacked. Is that something to celebrate?
Rodwell walked away. EVENTUALLY.
I give credit where it's due; some people were on his case bringing him to that point of common sense, and I reckon Reid and Donald deserve some credit for that.
The other two were sacked. ABSOLUTELY a good reason to celebrate and give praise to those who had the balls and the nous to do that.
They were a cancerous growth on our club and we managed to bin them off. Credit to the current regime for that.
I am not impressed by our current squad, but I'd rather see them in Sunderland shirts than any of the above mentioned disgraces.
f***ing hell it's only been two seasons, inconsiderate arsehole fans!
Who are we having a go at here? Is it precious fannies who take words and twist them to give themselves a reason to be outraged?
To not get relegated to L2 I presume :lol:
We are entitled to believe that we should have expected better than that. Prior to the decision to bin Ross off and appoint the current disaster, I don;t think we were in too much danger of L2. Now I'm a lot less sure.

Last edited:
So you're fine with 2 shysters buying the club with it's own money, no plan, no ambition other than to make a quick buck, all the whilst lying constantly to the fans?
No, and I don't think that's a true, accurate picture of what has happened.
They definitely are businessmen and saw a business opportunity. To say they wanted a quick buck is disingenuous. They have put in a fair bit of graft, even it some of it was wasted eg the time interviewing Parky and the time trying and failing to convince the fanbase that this is a good appointment.
I do not believe for one minute they came intending to walk away with SAFC in a worse position than when they came in.
I still see Donald and Methven as football fans and I absolutely 100% believe they wanted to see us improve.
I think the plan was to have a good go at immediate promotion whilst bringing the out of control finances into check. They did fail the most important part of that and the manner of our meek surrender from a strong position at the end of last season was a bitter pill to swallow.

The summer was bloody annoying and I do wish the recruitment had been much less shambolic. I wont even begin to defend the acquiring of players rated as total disasters by the fans of the clubs letting them go. However, Willis is rated by Coventry fans, and Dobson by his. I believe these two can be part of a resurrection from this current deathly position.
They have secured a loan from American investors who may well end up taking over the club and this may well be a good thing.
They have engaged in far too much bullshit but I would say 'lying constantly to the fans' is not a fair reflection. They are dreamers and right now their dreams are coming out as more of a nightmare but I don't blame them for being dreamers.

Last edited:
Are you allergic to your brain ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back