Mental that we’ve gone from being the biggest fish in league one to the . . .

Biggest fish in the Championship.

Maybe not in terms of playing staff but in terms of literally everything else.

Home support will be thousands more than anyone else.

Away support will be the highest in the league comfortably.

Away clubs will come to the SoL and be desperate to win given the numbers.

The battle to get back to the Premier League won’t get any easier.

This isn’t any sort of entitlement post, just facts 😂😂

BRING IT ON. HAWAY THE LADS
The MLF’s could be our 12th man for sure, my concern is the first 11 are not up to scratch. See how it goes, 10 new players through the door should see us top half.

actually think the standard has become much better the last few years, the amount of money being spent in the championship has meant it has improved drastically.

especially from parachute payment clubs in a bid to make the bounceback

we'll need a fair bit of investment
Has it shite. Nearly every club is skint.

The championship is all about getting a system that works and being clever about it. Look at Luton ffs.

I have every confidence that Alex Neil has it in him to get us up near the playoffs. Do I think it definitely will happen? No. And it shouldn’t be demanded in year 1.

I just want to enjoy being back in what feels like revelency, and see some consistency and thoughtfulness in the way we do things. (I.E not try to sign Defoe or Mannone because the fans want us to)

Let's put it this way, I'm a lot more confident about next season than I was about the 1st season in the Champs after relegation. #justthestart

Think again. Reality check incoming.

I’m utterly convinced we have the right manager now and if he gets his way with signings, we will be right up there.

Haway the lads
Let's put it this way, I'm a lot more confident about next season than I was about the 1st season in the Champs after relegation. #justthestart

I at least thought we might be up there. I am of course, a f***ing blind faith knacker

How many clubs dropped from the Prem into L1, and went back to the Prem? - off the top of my head Man City, Wolves, Southampton, Sheff United, Leicester

How many seasons did it take them?

Man City - 5 years
Wolves - 6 years
Southampton - 7 years
Sheffield United - 12 years
Leicester City - 10 years

QPR did it as well, but it took them 15 years.
Oh, and Leeds took 17 years to get back up to the Prem.

Last edited:
Feel like I've recovered from a 6 day hangover here but it still hasn't sunk in. Sunday morning absolutely mortal, the ticker reading 'Sunderland promoted to the Championship' on Sky Sports app just felt surreal, gave me goose bumps again. Hard to even begin thinking about what we need to do next season, just want to enjoy this feeling really, but I suppose we do have to get cracking.

Its been 15 years since we had this (under Keane) and I remember how buzzing everyone was, there was an atmosphere of positivity that carried us through some of the early games in the PL. Hopefully whatever we do, we keep Neil, we back him financially, and we try to get established back up there, before hopefully mounting a charge late in the season when anything can happen.

But it's a big challenge and honestly, just surviving next season will be a big achievement. Only about 30% of the squad can play at the next level, the rest struggled at times in a weaker division, so Neil will have to handle a largely new squad and bring them together. We should be targeting promotion in 2023/24 though, at least a playoff spot.

Last edited:
Just pointless tho ain't it, like I say it's just pure arrogance and doesn't help anyone, despite you thinking you are the voice of the fans
Give it a rest man, he basically said our attendances will be the biggest, now you want to beat him up about it.
And like I say we will spend about 5 million, not the biggest fish at all
Where do you pluck £5million from? I dont give a shit how much we spend, look at Boro last season £11 million, that went well (it would be funny as fuck if they got done for FFP or whatever it is in this league after Gibson going after Derby)
Burnley have to be drop contenders next season.
They will probably sell a few players, might keep them going, I wonder if their new owners were advised by our dynamic duo?

Last edited:
I think we’ll be competitive and with the Coach and some good players it’s an exciting time back on the upward curve. The Fans gained loads of plaudits this season and living in the South I’ve had comments from lots of people who enjoyed our win at Wembley and in particular the numbers and behaviour of our fans. They recognise we are a big club. i don’t like the ‘garden shed’ arrogance but that’s a minority. Don’t let the jealousy of other fans make us embarrassed and we can be proud of who we are.

We are comfortably the biggest club in the championship
It’s not a dick waving contest , just matter of fact
Doesn’t entitle us to anything more than the rest
Do the talking on the pitch

Back