McLaughlin contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't he have history of not signing new contracts? Perhaps he's fond of the old signing on fee. Hard to blame him like, he's probably never made big money in his career. Hopefully we get him signed up, definitely think he would be ok in the Championship, Lee Camp starts every week for a mid table team.

Players we need to tie down are McLaughlin, O Nien, Maguire, Wright. And we already have Willis who has another year if I remember rightly. These would make the step up to the championship in my opinion.
O’Nien has a clause to trigger a one-year extension in his contract I think?

O’Nien has a clause to trigger a one-year extension in his contract I think?
Oh, and Wright is on loan till end of the season but then his contract at Bristol City runs out so he’ll be a free agent?
Not a clue. I hope so. I know many don't think he's good enough but I think he'd be a solid player to have in the championship.
Agree. I like him. His attitude is a major plus point too.

Oh, and Wright is on loan till end of the season but then his contract at Bristol City runs out so he’ll be a free agent?

Aye he's on loan and free agent in the summer. Obviously the risk is he goes elsewhere. But I'd like to think we'll go all out to sign him.

We need to get him signed up

Willis a new long term contract

09 take option up for another year

Maguire new deal

Aye he's on loan and free agent in the summer. Obviously the risk is he goes elsewhere. But I'd like to think we'll go all out to sign him.
Certainly looks like he can make the step up to the championship.

I think most will be wanting to play championship football next year though, absolutely imperative we go up this year imo.

Must be this. Lets face it, McLaughlin has never run down his contract at any previous clubs. Definitely the chairman's fault.

He hasn't ever moved club for a fee, has he? Failed to agree a contract at Bradford and went to Burton on a Bosman. Left Burton for Hearts on a free in 2017. Stayed a year at Hearts and moved to us when hiscontract ended.

I don't think the issue is lack of time, it's lack of money being made available by an owner who wants only to maximise profit and minimise outlay.

If Donald hasn't finally fucked off by the end of the season, we are in all sorts of trouble when it comes to the playing squad we will have, especially if we get promoted, we will be starting a million miles behind everyone else.
lack of money?
we have sigend lots of players to new contracts.spent money in the window just gone as well..
people whine d this time last year about the contracts for the younger players and said tiw as a money issue..

they all signed.
mclaughlin is an old league one standard pkayer who no one would pay moeny for..there reall isnt a hurry..
Players we need to tie down are McLaughlin, O Nien, Maguire, Wright. And we already have Willis who has another year if I remember rightly. These would make the step up to the championship in my opinion.
id give them all new deasl like..but skeptical some would be first choice in champo..
mcloyghlin has been availbale on a free a few times and no champo team signed him..
maguire has the ability..but has been out of the champo for a long time and is older now..
wright is definitely a champo player..has 150 games there under his belt..
onien has impoved rapidly so may be able to step up..

Last edited:
Hume, Dobson, O’Nien, Willis, Wright, Gooch, Maguire are the players I’d like to see in a Championship squad

How many of those are out of contract this summer? Maguire & theres Wright to try and do a deal with?

Mclaughlin and Power possibles depending on expectations/salary etc.

Other than Dobson they’ll all be heading into last 12 months, but the summer is probably the time we’ll be able to deal with it. There’ll be some work to do, hope we have ownership settled and in place ready for it

Last edited:
Don't think he'll sign a new contract regardless. He let his contract run down and left for free at his last three clubs (Hearts, Burton and Bradford).

Don't think he'll sign a new contract regardless. He let his contract run down and left for free at his last three clubs (Hearts, Burton and Bradford).
would he get a better financial offer than safc though?
i mean he wont get a first choice gig in the top half of the champo i reckon..

would he get a better financial offer than safc though?
i mean he wont get a first choice gig in the top half of the champo i reckon..

Not a clue tbh. Blackburn were interested in him in January so he could go there maybe.

My post was just trying to highlight he has history for not signing contracts so IF he does leave on a free it might not necessarily be SAFC's fault as he has done it at previous clubs. Billy Jones did the same throughout his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back