McLaughlin contract

Two year extension ideally. Even in the championship he would be solid competition I think.

If he’s coming out saying ‘no offer has been made yet’, you’d assume he’s at least willing to negotiate.
Assume...makes an ass of u and me.

I'm backing the owners on this one : presumably the player is unwilling to extend on the same terms and the owners are unwilling to offer any more than League 1 money while we remain a League 1 side . This needs to be left to the summer.

Listen back to Donald's podcasts sunshine. Then come back and we'll discuss it.

Oh and forget about what's heppened previously, it's completely irrelevant
one one of donalds podcats he specifically flipped out at the suggestion there is only one scout..
he did say they had stripped it back and that they would be adding more..

he also said they always had more than one..and literally counted them up on the podcast..

your comment about the past being irrelevant is exactly the problem with fans like you..
you are obsessed with "how many" and "how much" safc spend..not on whether its the right amount of people or money.

this comes from a desire from fans like you, which are a minority, to want theclub to act big time rather than act in a way thats makes us successful..

one one of donalds podcats he specifically flipped out at the suggestion there is only one scout..
he did say they had stripped it back and that they would be adding more..

he also said they always had more than one..and literally counted them up on the podcast..

your comment about the past being irrelevant is exactly the problem with fans like you..
you are obsessed with "how many" and "how much" safc spend..not on whether its the right amount of people or money.

this comes from a desire from fans like you, which are a minority, to want theclub to act big time rather than act in a way thats makes us successful..
Sorry but, we are "big time" Always will be. Now compared to say, Leeds. We might have to humbly take a step back. But, compared to the other 92 odd clubs we ARE big time baby.

Sorry but, we are "big time" Always will be. Now compared to say, Leeds. We might have to humbly take a step back. But, compared to the other 92 odd clubs we ARE big time baby.
yes safc is a big club..
but not a successful one.
being successful should be more important than being big time..
wanting to act big time so you spunk money on things that arent needed actually makes a team look small time and insecure..
and then it makes them fail..

Who out of this squad are you wanting to tie down for the championship? We need a huge overhaul and turn over of players if we get promoted.

Most players in league one are signed on 1 year contracts and you don't see any 3/4 year deals like the in the prem. I don't have a problem us waiting to see where we are at the end of the season and making decisions then.
IMO only Jon McLaughlin, Willis, Wright, Gooch, Maguire and possibly O'Nien would make the step up to the championship.

So aye a huge overhaul required IF we go up

yes safc is a big club..
but not a successful one.
being successful should be more important than being big time..
wanting to act big time so you spunk money on things that arent needed actually makes a team look small time and insecure..
and then it makes them fail..
I agree with that. My point is we are/were regarded as a yo-yo club, which we have been for years. The last few seasons have been offensive, to me haha

Have you seen the Bob Murray interview? With RR, Classic. The vitriol that comes out of him, contempt almost that this club, shouldn't be where we are. No excuses for it, at all.

It's been a long decline like. When Quinn left the club I called totalsport, never done that before. I'm not one of those on their every week but Quinn leaving, my god, that was a bad day.

Anyway, all the best !

I agree with that. My point is we are/were regarded as a yo-yo club, which we have been for years. The last few seasons have been offensive, to me haha

Have you seen the Bob Murray interview? With RR, Classic. The vitriol that comes out of him, contempt almost that this club, shouldn't be where we are. No excuses for it, at all.

It's been a long decline like. When Quinn left the club I called totalsport, never done that before. I'm not one of those on their every week but Quinn leaving, my god, that was a bad day.

Anyway, all the best !
the fact that worried me most about the way safc was run pre-these owners..was..that we had almost twice as many employees as newcastle when we were in the champo and they in the prem.
and more employees than a lot of other prem clubs..

thats a sign we were horrendously run..and makes numbers games compariosns about cuts to staff otiose...we had the wrong amount of staff before..we should have had fewer..but also better

the fact that worried me most about the way safc was run pre-these owners..was..that we had almost twice as many employees as newcastle when we were in the champo and they in the prem.
and more employees than a lot of other prem clubs..

thats a sign we were horrendously run..and makes numbers games comparisons about cuts to staff otiose...we had the wrong amount of staff before..we should have had fewer..but also better
I suspect, the club was being used as a cash-cow for locals. Old Bob/whatever being paid 1k a month to clean the bins, that sort of thing. Are you surprised that's possible? I'm not. Doesn't sound like you are either. The "pisstake party stops here" didn't just apply to the playing staff as it turns out.

I suspect, the club was being used as a cash-cow for locals. Old Bob/whatever being paid 1k a month to clean the bins, that sort of thing. Are you surprised that's possible? I'm not. Doesn't sound like you are either. The "pisstake party stops here" didn't just apply to the playing staff as it turns out.
i wouldnt knowin terms of details etc..but we certainly had a lot of employees...
i think a view took hold that wwe had a billioanire owner and £30m tv money a year..so no need to be run properly..the billioanire would pick up the tab..and because he is a billiaonire f**k him..
so when the new, non billioanire owners come in and neither can, nor want, to fund the club being basically a job scheme for the local area, then certain vested interested have got involved,.
its absolutely egitimate to criticise te current owners for how they have run the club, in truth, a terrible job has been done...but that doesnt take away from the other realities and agendas.

Didnt McLaughlin turn down a contract offer at the start of this season?......could it be that after some Championship interest last summer, Big Jon is edging his bets and seeing if we go up before committing?

I dont think many players would sign an extension in league one when there's a real possibility of playing in the Championship.

IMO only Jon McLaughlin, Willis, Wright, Gooch, Maguire and possibly O'Nien would make the step up to the championship.

So aye a huge overhaul required IF we go up
maguire failed there last time..he is no klonger good enough for that level..

jon mc..hard to know..no champo team took him when he was there before and free..

the otthers i agree wth you on..

Back