McGeady & Maguire sitting in Macdonald's

Before last season 8 of the squad were out on the piss in Newcastle. I saw them in quayside wetherspoons where they were drinking countless amounts of shots before getting chucked out for being too pissed. The very next day safc on twitter posted a pic of Watmore (one of the players out) with the caption ‘being put through his paces’ how professional and I bet this carries on to this day. Whole club is a pisstake

Edit: actually it was after the Charlton game cause I said well in to Gooch

Last edited:

I don't think any of them give two fucks about the club ! And given Lord Lucan at the top who can blame them ? They obviously have no respect for PP

Didn't Wenger 'revolutionise' football back in the mid 90's? Introducing strict diets, banning ketchup, limiting alcohol consumtion etc... Paving way for the advent of sport science and new techniques etc..

The fact we are in league one should make no difference. These players should not be eating that shite. Especially in public after another defeat. It just shows that they don't care, or even worse, they're too stupid to realise how it would be percieved.

I work in an office and even I try and limit my alcohol and fast food consumption so I don't feel like crap in work. It's called professional pride and valuing your own performance. These knackers are supposed to be professional athletes FFS. They is simply no excuse. Utterly shameful.

When you're on a run like we are, these little things can make a difference. No fast food and booze until we win a game should be standard practice when you're on a 6-7 game losing streak.

If its good enough for 1990s arsneal its good enough for 2019 Sunderland, well said that man.

To put this into perspective Aiden is 34 in 4 month- don’t think he’s doing so bad considering. That unprofessional he was in today running.

And for Maguire, a few month ago I put on here about his lack of professionalism. I got slated. Glad people are seeing him for what he is- but two blokes having a McDonalds man.
Missing the point mate it’s two blokes that are clearly overweight and unfit having a McDonald’s

Can't believe some people on here just brushing it off as a non story. How bad does it look when we have an unfit squad who don't give a fuck and two of them are sat in McDonald's. It will be same people who don't see anything wrong with them getting pissed as well. Accept this sort of shite you may aswell accept the disgusting performances on a match day

I hear what you are saying but the point I was trying to make was if he Mcguire had a desire to be fitter he may also have a desire to be better which seems to be a prerequisite of all top players.He definitely on occasions been outstanding.This is a bloke who was nicknamed the King by some.

Agree with Mcgeady never questioned his physique or fitness

Fair enough, I kind of agree, but I think it's the whole package with Maguire - bit of a maverick, not that talented on the whole, but gets by with a bit of skill/quality in the final third and having an edge about him, it's more about moments than being a 7 or 8 out of ten. If he was fitter and more professional he might have had a marginally better career, I just don't think he's got enough of that quality to really do much more. I think part of his quality is in finding a bit of space and slowing things down and then finding that pass or shot and it suits him at a lower level with more space. guess we'll never really know though.

Fair enough, I kind of agree, but I think it's the whole package with Maguire - bit of a maverick, not that talented on the whole, but gets by with a bit of skill/quality in the final third and having an edge about him, it's more about moments than being a 7 or 8 out of ten. If he was fitter and more professional he might have had a marginally better career, I just don't think he's got enough of that quality to really do much more. I think part of his quality is in finding a bit of space and slowing things down and then finding that pass or shot and it suits him at a lower level with more space. guess we'll never really know though.

I see what you are saying, and agree to an extent, but there is never a vaild argument for not being at your physical peak condition if you are being paid as an athlete.

If he was fitter, he'd be a better player.

He plays for a mid to bottom league one club and doesn’t impress anyone, he’s a f***ing waster , another on a very long list of shit players who’s played for us.

This thread sums up what he’ll be remembered for , eating a f***ing Big Mac.

If you bother your arse to read this board , hang your head in shame you useless twat.

anyone who is defending them must ask themselves who they want at the club

remind yourselves that Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi neither drink or would be seen dead in a McDonalds

Whilst these players are not at their level they should be striving for that greatness and if not, should leave the club

they have the rest of their opulent lives to eat pigswill and drink alcohol

this is not what we want at the club

remind yourselves that Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi neither drink or would be seen dead in a McDonalds

Whilst these players are not at their level they should be striving for that greatness and if not, should leave the club

That makes you a 'complete fanny' and a 'snowflake' according to some posters on this thread (direct quotes)

Our players should be able to down 8 pints, get the bus to the ground with the cans from millview club, smoke tabs in the dressing room, fight the opposition, go out after get locked up, eat kebabs and shag sluts. That's what makes a real player. Doesn't matter what the score was either, as long as he has a hairy chest, uses foul language, and definitely doesn't eat the mamby pamby healthy shite

Maybe if they didn’t look like they were blowing out their arse every game, there wouldn’t be such a problem with this picture. People who are comparing things what Gerrard, Drogba or Ronaldo eat/ate, must be missing the fact that they all were and are in a visibly healthy and fit state. When you compare the physique of someone like Ronaldo to Maguire, maybe it’s fairly obvious that Ronaldo does have some junk food every now and then (which is fine), and Maguire is clearly impartial to a McDonald’s every time the lazy twat drives past one.

Put some effort in on the pitch before you go stuffing your kite.

This whole fitness bollocks comes up everytime we are playing shit, yet last season no one mentioned it as mcgeady and maguire were scoring goals, they are no different now to last season apart from they aren’t playing very well. It’s a football club they have fitness tests, if they fell below required level they wouldn’t be in squad

Whatever, they have fitness tests at the club, if they were below the required level they wouldn’t be in the squad

Manager says you're wrong. ;)

Logon or register to see this image

Whereas Ronaldo is more into KFC

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
I think people would be quite surprised at how common pizza and suchlike as a post game feed is in pro football.

Maybe not just as a casual evening out though :)

Somebody better hurry up tell the nearly-35 year old, ripped as fuck Ronaldo that he's a disgrace to his profession, before he ends up wasting his promising career. Sometimes he eats pizza, and some bloke on the internet in Sunderland thinks this makes him not 'a serious athlete'. Ronaldo discusses his strict diet regime but still can't live without pizza

In all seriousness, it isn't remotely a problem unless happening regularly. It also wasn't a problem when Maguire scored a hattrick earlier in the season, or last year when McGeady ripped up the league. The fact they're playing shit (along with almost everybody else)is the problem.
But you’ve said it yourself, Ronaldo is ripped. He obviously has the occasional pizza or whatever but has the overall diet regime of a professional athlete. Have you seen the clip of the 2 fat messes in question?

Back