Mayweather Vs McGregor 26th Aug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floyd's a great boxer mate but honestly he doesn't have the power to hurt Conor. You probably don't agree and fair enough, we'll just have to wait and see. 12 days and counting! :D

Wriring Conor off is a bit daft mate. People wrote off Rahman and he put Lewis on his arse.

Obviously just another opinion, but Chael Sonnen on why Floyd is likely to actually hit harder than Conor is quite good:

There's two ways this fight will go.

1, Floyd does what Floyd does. Jabs, few combos, stays clear of any big shots and tires Conor out. It'll go the distance and Floyd will win by UD. (see his last 12 fights)

Or...

2, Conor somehow catches Floyd with the left early on, Floyd panics, Conor goes after him and catches him again putting Floyd on his arse.

There's no way on earth will Floyd KO Conor. It'll never happen. He doesn't have the power. So it's either a UD to Floyd or a KO fom Conor. It's a toss up between the two imo.
3. Floyd does what he wants in every round. Connor made to look like an amateur. Then in the interviews afterwards Connor says he has no'in but respect for Floyd and they are best mates all of a sudden. Things go quiet for a bit before connors next big pay day mma fight is announced.

I'm more than a boxing casual, less then a boxing aficionado. I think Mayweather will win.....easily. McGregor is not a boxer and he may have a hard punch but that doesn't mean anything when put up against Mayweather's defenses. Did De La Hoya, Hatton and, Pacquiao not have punching power too? Does McGregor have MORE punching power than those 3? I don't think he does, he's used to punching with far smaller gloves on for a start and his sport is as much about grappling/take downs as punching attack and defense. It seems people think McGregor is going to walk in there and deliver a one punch knockout - he isn't. He'll be lucky to land any clean blows and imo Mayweather will see his punches coming before he fist is even extended.

I'm more than a boxing casual, less then a boxing aficionado. I think Mayweather will win.....easily. McGregor is not a boxer and he may have a hard punch but that doesn't mean anything when put up against Mayweather's defenses. Did De La Hoya, Hatton and, Pacquiao not have punching power too? Does McGregor have MORE punching power than those 3? I don't think he does, he's used to punching with far smaller gloves on for a start and his sport is as much about grappling/take downs as punching attack and defense. It seems people think McGregor is going to walk in there and deliver a one punch knockout - he isn't. He'll be lucky to land any clean blows and imo Mayweather will see his punches coming before he fist is even extended.

You are entitled to your opinion.

Does McGregor have MORE punching power than those 3
Maybe not, but he's technically very good at knocking people out.

I'm not saying McG will win, I'm just saying don't count your chickens just yet. Lennox Lewis beat Tyson then got Ko'd by Rahman, a nobody. Mayweather won't ko McG, so it'll be 12 rounds of Floyd trying to avoid his left.

I'm more than a boxing casual, less then a boxing aficionado. I think Mayweather will win.....easily. McGregor is not a boxer and he may have a hard punch but that doesn't mean anything when put up against Mayweather's defenses. Did De La Hoya, Hatton and, Pacquiao not have punching power too? Does McGregor have MORE punching power than those 3? I don't think he does, he's used to punching with far smaller gloves on for a start and his sport is as much about grappling/take downs as punching attack and defense. It seems 2 people on the smb think McGregor is going to walk in there and deliver a one punch knockout - he isn't. He'll be lucky to land any clean blows and imo Mayweather will see his punches coming before he fist is even extended.
Corrected :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back