Mayenda and Triantis

We’ve pulled Mayenda from France, he’s just a kid.
We’ve played him for about 4 games then stuck him out on loan to bastard Hibs. That’s hard for any kid to adapt too.

Triantis has been a shambles signing however.

I actually think Speakman does, and that the hope for this season was that Rusyn would be main man, Burstow would be better and that Hemir and Mayenda would be bit part.

An old hand to learn from would have been a much better loan than Burstow

But anyway. My point was not to write Mayenda off as some were doing. Plenty time for him to come good. Most strikers don’t start performing until into their 20s
If the lad had gone straight into the U21 no one would have battered an eyelid, The problem came from the fact the club built this lad up which then fans expectations are heightened. The club are at fault for portraying this young lad as a first team regular which he shouldn't be. However looking at it with wide open eyes most of our young squad are also in the same boat, They are not ready for the first team yet, but need game time...

Who’d have thought a kid from the wilderness in the French second division might not be that good?

It’s madness
SAFC play in the wilderness of the English second division.
The French national team is far stronger than the English national team.

Any kid striker in England who is visibly “that good” at 18 will already be snapped up the PL clubs. That’s the problem safcs recruitment dept have. No money for fees n wages.

If the lad had gone straight into the U21 no one would have battered an eyelid, The problem came from the fact the club built this lad up which then fans expectations are heightened. The club are at fault for portraying this young lad as a first team regular which he shouldn't be. However looking at it with wide open eyes most of our young squad are also in the same boat, They are not ready for the first team yet, but need game time...
And in a few years time when they are better, we will sell them and go back to square one with the next bunch of young recruits.

I think everyone misses the point. They are on loan to improve. If they were anywhere near ready, they wouldn't be out on loan. There is no 'lose' in this situation. Both will come back more experienced, if nothing else. That's a good thing right?
Not getting much experience sitting on the bench. Triantis has had minutes but Mayenda next to nowt. Both not even on the bench at the weekend.

Of course you are, two of the players you mention probably retired before mayenda was born, hardly relevant. The post above yours suggests far more normal examples, and tell you the chances are mayenda probably wont amount to much, but could perhaps be useful some day many years from now.

I think we all understand 18 year olds aren't going to be ready to contribute straight away.

Weird that speakman doesn't

I do think Mayenda has the potential to be very good. He's the most interesting player we signed in the summer apart from jobe imo

I take no pleasure in being 100% right about Triantis ok maybe a little: Watched more of him than most before we signed him and my opinions were scoffed at, well…

Post in thread 'Melbourne City v Central Coast Mariners Kick Off 10.45am A-League Men Grand Final BT Sport 2'
Melbourne City v Central Coast Mariners Kick Off 10.45am A-League Men Grand Final BT Sport 2

Post in thread 'Melbourne City v Central Coast Mariners Kick Off 10.45am A-League Men Grand Final BT Sport 2'
Melbourne City v Central Coast Mariners Kick Off 10.45am A-League Men Grand Final BT Sport 2

Last edited:
Well that’s just a lie. They were both on the bench.

Triantis came on for the last 5 minutes. That’s the first minutes he’s spent on the bench since he joined them. He’s played every minute before that.
See it now - my mistake - how many minutes did they get?

Back