Mayenda and Triantis

Yep, I'd only worry about him if he misses their games regularly. Their manager has managed him previously and probably knows him as well as anyone at SAFC.

Mayenda, to a degree, is a worrry but is only 18. It's daft that he was signed as a possible first teamer rather than with a view to developing in the U21s.

The issue is we sold at least 4 levels of youth team striker (ending with the kid that went to Everton that we didn't actually want to lose) so we have to replace everything at once. That's why we have Lucy's Neil's kid, tutorev and Mayenda to be those levels striker. If Mayenda had come through our youth team and got a loan to a Scottish prem team at 18 everyone would be excited. I think we just have to consider him as that as fans.

You just spout negative stuff. Do you know anything about the game? What is the highest level you played at or coached?

The manager at Hibs - Nick Montgomery - was Amber’s coach at Central Coast Mariners - when they won the A league for the first time. He has coached Triantis for over two years - and clearly knew him and wanted him on loan!

Amber is a young, ball playing defender and has a chance of making it. He doesn’t need clowns like you who seem to despise SAFC players. Go and take your “support” somewhere else - thanks!
You actually are Speakman aren't you?

The recruitment is basically hit and hope
Pretty much. For most of them they are not going to make it at the club they are at bar 1 or 2.
Bring them here, coach them well????, and hope that a sample of them come good. At the moment they seem quite happy with the 1 in 4 or 5 success rate.
This IS THE MODEL !

Why don't we force them to start Mayenda in most games like Chelsea seemingly have with Burshite.

Because clubs are falling over themselves to lend PL2 / reserves from big clubs and will sign themselves up to deals whereby playing them equates to a lower wage contribution or loan fee contribution as a sweetener to the PL club in sheer desperation.

We are probably just desperate to get some games for these players or even a wage contribution. They've come in having played next to no games, from low levels, with little or no reputations and we've got an absolute shed load of them - absolutely no one is tying theirselves up in knots to sign our lads.

My Hibby neighbours more impressed with the lad Maolida on loan from Hertha Berlin, a definite starter for the Edinburgh El Classico at Tynecastle on Wednesday night..and on a different topic I'm still getting asked about the BCB fiasco at the Newcastle match, Still to meet any Hibs (or Hearts) fan who could see a similar cock-up happening up here..

Don't necessarily need an experienced player alongside to bring someone along, Jonny Evans was the junior alongside Nosworthy but basically coached him through games. Ballard could do similar.
Believe it or not Ballard is four years older than Triantis, not only that, Ballard has played a decent levels from about the same age as Triantis is now, so it would probably be a good pairing

Mayenda is 18. Phillips was playing in defence for Baldock Town at that age. Vardy hadn’t even made it into prison yet, let alone out.

yes good point, because kevin phillips and jamie vardy are great examples of the average career trajectory of modern footballers rather than massive outliers.

yes good point, because kevin phillips and jamie vardy are great examples of the average career trajectory of modern footballers rather than massive outliers.

Ross stewart was 2 years away from making his Scottish league debut.

Charlie Wyke was 2 years away from being loaned to Kettering Town

Josh maja was falling to do anything at championship level the year before breaking out in league 1

Lewis grabben was failing in a loan spell at Oldham.

That's our top scorers of the last few seasons. Mayenda is really young

We need to shift about 10 of these drips ,the squad is bloated and are of no use to us .Might they be in years to come ,who knows.
loan them all out...
don't sell just yet, if experience is what they need before we make a final decision....
if still crap with experience get rid.

They are outliers, but so are 18 year old strikers banging them in for the first team.
They are outliers, but so are 18 year old strikers banging them in for the first team.
Gyokeres at 22 scored 0 in 11 at Swansea
Moore was about to move to Truro
Ian Wright hadn’t even started at Greenwich
Lineker didn’t become a regular until 21

I’m not hand picking these. Strikers who are banging them in at 18 are a rarity. Owen, Rooney …

Last edited:
Gyokeres at 22 scored 0 in 11 at Swansea
Moore was about to move to Truro
Ian Wright hadn’t even started at Greenwich
Lineker didn’t become a regular until 21

I’m not hand picking these.

Of course you are, two of the players you mention probably retired before mayenda was born, hardly relevant. The post above yours suggests far more normal examples, and tell you the chances are mayenda probably wont amount to much, but could perhaps be useful some day many years from now.

I think we all understand 18 year olds aren't going to be ready to contribute straight away.

Weird that speakman doesn't

Of course you are, two of the players you mention probably retired before mayenda was born, hardly relevant. The post above yours suggests far more normal examples, and tell you the chances are mayenda probably wont amount to much, but could perhaps be useful some day many years from now.

I think we all understand 18 year olds aren't going to be ready to contribute straight away.

Weird that speakman doesn't
I actually think Speakman does, and that the hope for this season was that Rusyn would be main man, Burstow would be better and that Hemir and Mayenda would be bit part.

An old hand to learn from would have been a much better loan than Burstow

But anyway. My point was not to write Mayenda off as some were doing. Plenty time for him to come good. Most strikers don’t start performing until into their 20s

Back