May challenge - Environmental Portraiture - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be a real challenge for me this month, being out in China there are just too many opportunities for this type of photo and actually narrowing it down to 1 might be difficult. Just driving to work on a morning must give me 20 or 30 photo opportunities......plus as the area I live in seems to be a combination of a construction site and open air market the possibilities are endless. Watch I'll get 0 votes this month!!

Would liked to have been able to enter this shot but it is way out of date.
Taken when Time Team excavated at Binchester acouple of years ago.
Victor Ambrus, the resident artist and a lovely man happy at his work.
picture.php

Just a query please AB22Easy Tiger. Does it have to be of one person only or could there be more than one person in the picture. Eg if of a footballer, could it be of footballers?

ok theres mine in

I thought after last months subject and how folks interpreted the theme I thought I would go for summit not too obvious.

It does not say it has to be a human - lol

and I saw this cow 'making cows eggs' in a field and thought if that aint environmental portraiture I dunno what is, it is doing its job after all - lol

I did have another plan for a pic, but I felt 'weird' trying to take it which is a shame.

near here there are quite a few busy roads, and there is a place where there are four lollipop ladies all working a small area, and I sooooo wanted to get a pic with all four of them in (btw what do you call a group of lollipop ladies?), it would have made a cracking subject if I could have caught it right, but the problem is there are kids involved, and I just did not want the disapproving looks and the hassle, shame really but thats the world we live in.

anyways I'm quite happy with this one, fingers crossed.

N1 Peachy, I recognize that bloke on the left? not sure where from tho?

thats it I remember who he reminds me of.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqY3OpXsh-k&feature=related[/ame]

I looked at your pic and though why is he drinking 'sh1te star', the realised I had not read it properly (honest) - lol

taking pictures of people is great, especially when they are not fully aware that you are taking their photo, you can get some really natural pics.

Last edited:
Right my entry in, not 100% happy with it but not sure I will get a chance to take anything else before the end of the month. I wanted to enter this photo :-

Logon or register to see this image

DSCN0622.jpg by mackemandy, on Flickr

But the sieve above the little lads head really annoys me so I just couldn't enter it. Shame as apart from that I much prefer the photo.

Would liked to have been able to enter this shot but it is way out of date.
Taken when Time Team excavated at Binchester acouple of years ago.
Victor Ambrus, the resident artist and a lovely man happy at his work.
picture.php

That could've been a contender!

lol yeah, was a hard one to shoot, I tried to get it without being too obvious so it would look natural.

Finding these monthly competitions on here and other sites helping me understand the basics of photography. I think i understand how to use my camera and its settings now lol. I opted for the D3100 for it's guide mode but i've never used it went straight into manual which i think helps.

Last edited:
wow a slow month so far, having said that there was a flurry of activity at the end of last month, so we shall see.

I would have thought that there would be loads of entries this month?

are you being distracted by the football :lol:

come on folks get ur fingers out there aint long left for this month you know. :lol:

i don't think i will get an entry in this month. i have my phone with me at all times, but i don't think the quality of picture from my phone will do the theme any justice.

we shall see though, something might just come about and be perfect to enter

wow a slow month so far, having said that there was a flurry of activity at the end of last month, so we shall see.

I would have thought that there would be loads of entries this month?

are you being distracted by the football :lol:

come on folks get ur fingers out there aint long left for this month you know. :lol:

I just think it's a pretty boring challenge this month, very little room for manoeuvre, I expect to see lots of "standard" shots, with nothing too exciting tbh, so far I'm right, other than the window cleaner which is slightly quirky and interesting, the others are bog standard anonymous also ran google images, sorry :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back