May challenge - Environmental Portraiture - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, another busy time for me so I'm starting it early again. You might also get another day or two at the end of the current challenge if I can't get online.

In an effort to dispel the myth that we're all a bunch of sad buggers that never interact with real people, the May challenge is going to force us to talk to another individual.

The theme for May is Environmental Portraiture.

Some good examples if you google the theme.

Shots must be taken between now and the end of May.

Happy shooting

Way out of my comfort zone. Cracking challenge

Hope this is the sort of thing that fits the description......

Durham Market Place today.

picture.php

I might not be able to enter this months competition cause I cant take picture in my work enviroment. will have to get thinking cap on

It doesn't have to be you in your work environment, just someone in their work environment.

The way I read it, it doesn't even have to be a work environment, so long as it is somewhere that "typically illuminates the subject's life and surroundings". I would like to think that my workplace is definitely not illuminating of my life and surroundings. I can't get out of the place quick enough come the end of the day!

The way I read it, it doesn't even have to be a work environment, so long as it is somewhere that "typically illuminates the subject's life and surroundings". I would like to think that my workplace is definitely not illuminating of my life and surroundings. I can't get out of the place quick enough come the end of the day!
Yes AndrewCoates, this reply ^ is better than mine. I just meant it doesn't have to be you, but it doesn't have to be work either.

ThankHeavenForShed 7 said:

You are correct.

It can be anyone in a surrounding that enables the viewer to determine something of their life.

Judging by your flickr stream I'd say that this says enough about your life to be considered acceptable. It also made me jealous because I'd love to spend more time on the North East coast than is currently possible.

Had a great time wandering past Buckingham Palace and then down the Mall tonight. To be honest, I came close to hoying one of these in to the May competition but then decided that, perhaps apart from the American TV interviewer in the first one, they are not people in their natural environment, but rather people in an unusual environment. All taken on my BlackBerry.

Buckingham Palace and the Mall, 28 April 2011

Logon or register to see this image
[/url] IMG-20110428-00038 by Janiep SMB, on Flickr[/IMG]

Logon or register to see this image
[/url] IMG-20110428-00043 by Janiep SMB, on Flickr[/IMG]

[/url] Westminster-20110428-00065 by Janiep SMB, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well seeing as my new camera has arrived, looks like i might have to get in on this competition malarkey.

Looks like a trip out is on the cards i reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back