May 23rd live footy on tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening R
@hank williams .... Nailed it...πŸ”¨πŸ”¨πŸ”¨πŸ”¨....πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. @Rip Van Fish, off to the chippy,🍟+🐟 (evening pal.), @Wakey ftm in Sussex , bbq's, kebabs, fine bespoke beers, ect, πŸ”₯πŸ₯©πŸ–πŸ₯“πŸ·πŸΊ, @cfg & @Stortford with their excellent curries,πŸ›πŸ›πŸ›πŸŒΆπŸŒΆπŸŒΆ, @Horley Chorley with his excellent Cider selection & @becs recipes too and loads of others with their cookery tips and dishes...It's becoming a very good Foodie thread, which is very nice too.... And @Wandofaleftpeg ...πŸ•πŸ•πŸ•πŸ•...as I type...Quality....Bon Appetit everyone...πŸΊπŸ‘.
Demolished em

I’ve often said I was at the 73 final. Truth is I wasn’t. My green voucher ticket was drawn out on the six o’clock news. I was playing football as a 16 yr old and my Dad turned up at the side of the pitch for the first time in my life and I’d been playing football since I was about eight.
I was substituted, saw my Dad and immediately feared the worst, β€œ What’s Happened ?” β€œ Your voucher has been drawn out”
Feckin ell, straight home washed and changed got the train from British West Hartlepool, got off at Seaburn called in the Chinese on the Fulwell Road, got to Roker Park and couldn’t believe it. It was about 8pm half 8 and the queue stretched from the ticket office window in the Main Stand to half way round the back of the Roker End. The tickets didn’t go on sale till 10 am the next morning.
Took my spot on the pavement, bit of crack, ate my food, got in my sleeping bag and waited.
Dawn broke everyone stayed put but at about 8am everyone stood up and got ready. Long story short some nasty townies turned up and pushed in. The polis were useless and these local chavs took the pish. I was 16. What could I do ?
Anyway and this is true they had us lined up in pairs and when they ran out of tickets I was ten away from the window.
Absolutely Gutted.
I was at the semi final. I cried as I walked back to Seaburn station with my haversack and sleeping back, everyone giving me the thumbs up and saying β€œ Enjoy Wembley β€œ
If they asked I just said I’d got my ticket. What a shitty train journey that was back home.
Enough for now, I’ll complete the story later folks.
Unbelievable. Sorry to hear that marra.

Lucky you....

I'm craving a good fish supper but theres only one decent one in MK and its 4 miles away. They have a 1 in 1 out policy " remind you of something else ? "

Anyway, they have started using these small bots, which would take forever to get here. Great if you are close to the shop but they would be stone cold by the time they get here......

Love it ....
Yeah can imagine they are in short supply in MK as it’s all food chains there.
When I’m in that area I usually meet clients at that Stonehouse carvery place at Peartree

Unbelievable. Sorry to hear that marra.
So, I was sixteen, still at school / college, everyone asking if I’d got a ticket. I was a bit naive and having told all the good folk of Seaburn that I’d got one, I carried on telling the not so good folk from British West Hartlepool that I’d got one too.
Now I had a weekend job so had some money. Quite a few lads I knew were going to the final so I decided to go anarl. I ended up going in a car with three older lads, two from BWH and the other from Wingate. They thought I had a ticket.
Anyway we parked the car up somewhere in North London got there at about 6am. We went into London centre and started drinking around Trafalgar Square bottles galore with my mates asking everyone if they had a spare. Short story is no one had one.
Went to Wembley and begged on Wembley Way but couldn’t afford the prices touts were asking. My mates went into the game and I watched it in the staff room of a pub, might have been called the Throstle or Thistle.
We’d arranged to meet at a monument in Trafalgar Square after and we did. I was wearing a white boiler suit with red stripes down it and scruffy dm’s.
We had a great time and got the train back to the car where we slept until the driver thought he was okay to drive.
So, when people ask me did you go to the 73 Cup Final I say yes. I went , I just didn’t get in..

I’ve often said I was at the 73 final. Truth is I wasn’t. My green voucher ticket was drawn out on the six o’clock news. I was playing football as a 16 yr old and my Dad turned up at the side of the pitch for the first time in my life and I’d been playing football since I was about eight.
I was substituted, saw my Dad and immediately feared the worst, β€œ What’s Happened ?” β€œ Your voucher has been drawn out”
Feckin ell, straight home washed and changed got the train from British West Hartlepool, got off at Seaburn called in the Chinese on the Fulwell Road, got to Roker Park and couldn’t believe it. It was about 8pm half 8 and the queue stretched from the ticket office window in the Main Stand to half way round the back of the Roker End. The tickets didn’t go on sale till 10 am the next morning.
Took my spot on the pavement, bit of crack, ate my food, got in my sleeping bag and waited.
Dawn broke everyone stayed put but at about 8am everyone stood up and got ready. Long story short some nasty townies turned up and pushed in. The polis were useless and these local chavs took the pish. I was 16. What could I do ?
Anyway and this is true they had us lined up in pairs and when they ran out of tickets I was ten away from the window.
Absolutely Gutted.
I was at the semi final. I cried as I walked back to Seaburn station with my haversack and sleeping back, everyone giving me the thumbs up and saying β€œ Enjoy Wembley β€œ
If they asked I just said I’d got my ticket. What a shitty train journey that was back home.
Enough for now, I’ll complete the story later folks.
Bad crack that like, giving out more winning vouchers than they had tickets, you couldn’t make it up, I came out the draw in 92 and ticket collection was civilised as I recall, certainly more than the semi final which was carnage

A
Yeah can imagine they are in short supply in MK as it’s all food chains there.
When I’m in that area I usually meet clients at that Stonehouse carvery place at Peartree
. Small world RVF, that's up by the marina and the hospital, it's only 5 mins from our house but we've never been in there...are you based down south ?

We're more or less the most landlocked part of the country, god knows if the likes of carveries will still be around after the virus...

Tbh, I only know about it through regularly reading the PF forum.
It gets mentioned on here, from time to time.
Trying to remember My collection from around then? Def includes Bobby Thompson Little Waster ( in fact T still uses the β€œ nee engineer” line now & again) πŸ˜„
Bad crack that like, giving out more winning vouchers than they had tickets, you couldn’t make it up, I came out the draw in 92 and ticket collection was civilised as I recall, certainly more than the semi final which was carnage
From memory:
73 ticket from a school mate who couldn’t go (fam holiday or summink) - Leets end

β€˜85 ? ticket - from Hereford Utd

92 ticket - went without & bought one outside (fv) from Norwich - their end

Man City - got tickets from Brighton ( cost me a fortune but got 4)

Swindon 82 ? can’t remember where from

Last edited:
Trying to remember My collection from around then? Def includes Bobby Thompson Little Waster ( in fact T still uses the β€œ nee engineer” line now & again) πŸ˜„

From memory:
73 ticket from a school mate who couldn’t go (fam holiday or summink) - Leets end

I’ve got mine from the club since except Swindon. Bought two tickets in the Europa seats. Didn’t tell us we were using Swindon’s facilities.
Norwich I ended up with two tickets in our end and six in theirs.
Man City I ended up with tickets from Stockport County.

I’ve got mine from the club since except Swindon. Bought two tickets in the Europa seats. Didn’t tell us we were using Swindon’s facilities.
Norwich I ended up with two tickets in our end and six in theirs.
Man City I ended up with tickets from Stockport County.
You do what ya have to do.
Still do, Shef & me are members at more 3rd division clubs than enough πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

From memory:

My dad used to work in advertising which is the biggest lush game going, was invited to everything but much to mams distress would only accept invites to football or the horses. As such whenever we got to a final my dad would go heavy with the advertising agencies to get as many tickets for family as possible, sometimes tickets were great, sometimes in the wrong end, so tickets as follows.

73 me too young didn’t go, dad and uncle in our end with voucher, mam and Aunty in seats behind royal box courtesy of Paul Madeley.

85, in our end with brother, dad and mam in Norwich seats.

92, my voucher tickets went to young cousins, me and brother in Liverpool end, mam and youngest cousin in neutral v good seats, dad in a box.

2014, club Wembley, got 10 of us in, via a tout as dad retired, still paying it off.

CAT, hospitality as mam and dad wouldn’t be able to stand through the game.

Playoff games never been an issue for tickets sadly

@hank williams .... Nailed it...πŸ”¨πŸ”¨πŸ”¨πŸ”¨....πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘. @Rip Van Fish, off to the chippy,🍟+🐟 (evening pal.), @Wakey ftm in Sussex , bbq's, kebabs, fine bespoke beers, ect, πŸ”₯πŸ₯©πŸ–πŸ₯“πŸ·πŸΊ, @cfg & @Stortford with their excellent curries,πŸ›πŸ›πŸ›πŸŒΆπŸŒΆπŸŒΆ, @Horley Chorley with his excellent Cider selection & @becs recipes too and loads of others with their cookery tips and dishes...It's becoming a very good Foodie thread, which is very nice too.... And @Wandofaleftpeg ...πŸ•πŸ•πŸ•πŸ•...as I type...Quality....Bon Appetit everyone...πŸΊπŸ‘.
Went down a treat and enough for my tea tomorrow when I get back from Hull.
Have a restful evening 🍺

A couple of things:
Do you want another 10 weeks on Hanks step?

I’ve never snorted or taken anything similar, but you type like you do

Legal action is a finger tip away

πŸ˜„
I’m sorry, I didn’t realise that while I was away you’d become a Mod.
I’ve never suggested you snorted anything.
Take me to court, I’m up for it, I’ve got the evidence @ Bristol Rovers when you and Sheff were as much use as a chocolate fire guard.
You made a quick exit but left the evidence behind πŸ˜‰

I’m sorry, I didn’t realise that while I was away you’d become a Mod.
I’ve never suggested you snorted anything.
Take me to court, I’m up for it, I’ve got the evidence @ Bristol Rovers when you and Sheff were as much use as a chocolate fire guard.
You made a quick exit but left the evidence behind πŸ˜‰
I can’t be arsed with this but to be clear & to remind you:
You were at BR with a train load, where were you the year before when we had about 200 & it really went off toe to toe

I’ve never seen Shef run anywhere & I’m shoite at running - the nearest we ever got to that was at Pompey- 2 of us by train !!! & we climbed over garages to get away ( maybe climbing is running.

Even now we advertise wherever we will be & never hide

G’night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back