May 23rd live footy on tv

Evening SFATI
Off to the chippy in 5
Lucky you....

I'm craving a good fish supper but theres only one decent one in MK and its 4 miles away. They have a 1 in 1 out policy " remind you of something else ? "

Anyway, they have started using these small bots, which would take forever to get here. Great if you are close to the shop but they would be stone cold by the time they get here......
Cos Becs gave you 3,240 and she’s just wiped them off.
( Btw I am not a mod and am not impersonating one )
Love it ....

It’s amazing init ?
I’ve just watched the 2014 Carling Cup Final game on Sky. I was there and relatively sober. It’s amazing what you forget. We were quite good weren’t we ?
If we had a goal scorer we’d have won there. Fletcher oh no, I remembered that, It was right in front of me but when he came on he played well as did Ki, there were a lot of good performances that day. Still not sure if Toure meant that like.

It’s amazing init ?
I’ve just watched the 2014 Carling Cup Final game on Sky. I was there and relatively sober. It’s amazing what you forget. We were quite good weren’t we ?
If we had a goal scorer we’d have won there. Fletcher oh no, I remembered that, It was right in front of me but when he came on he played well as did Ki, there were a lot of good performances that day. Still not sure if Toure meant that like.
He has admitted it was a cross:evil:

We gave it a right go, my lad who I took that day as a 10 yr old watched it back the other day, he hadn’t seen it since and had assumed as it was City we had been well beaten, he was fuming after saying we had no luck and there were fouls in the build up in 2 of the goals. It’s probably the only Wembley trip we have given a decent account of ourselves since 73 maybe apart from 2nd half on the Charlton play off game.

@hank williams .... Nailed it...🔨🔨🔨🔨....👍👍👍. @Rip Van Fish, off to the chippy,🍟+🐟 (evening pal.), @Wakey ftm in Sussex , bbq's, kebabs, fine bespoke beers, ect, 🔥🥩🍖🥓🍷🍺, @cfg & @Stortford with their excellent curries,🍛🍛🍛🌶🌶🌶, @Horley Chorley with his excellent Cider selection & @becs recipes too and loads of others with their cookery tips and dishes...It's becoming a very good Foodie thread, which is very nice too.... And @Wandofaleftpeg ...🍕🍕🍕🍕...as I type...Quality....Bon Appetit everyone...🍺👍.

It’s amazing init ?
I was there but not relatively sober & I didn’t think then & still don’t think Toure meant it

Thank you, TVM 🙏
I wish I could've been at Wembley, though I still feel privileged to have been around to see it live on the telly.
The scenes in my mates house, and the celebrations in the street, when Porter scored, and at full time, will hopefully always stay fresh in my memory.

Yes I can imagine.Watching "Meanwhile back in Sunderland" was amazing and emotional at the same time.

Btw, have you or anyone else got a link to the other Cup final song? I think it was called "I couldn't get a ticket for the game", and it also includes a line "and to see it on the telly's not the same".

Cheers in advance.

Yes I can imagine.Watching "Meanwhile back in Sunderland" was amazing and emotional at the same time.

Btw, have you or anyone else got a link to the other Cup final song? I think it was called "I couldn't get a ticket for the game", and it also includes a line "and to see it on the telly's not the same".

Cheers in advance.
Here you go, mate.
Enjoy 👍

I’ve often said I was at the 73 final. Truth is I wasn’t. My green voucher ticket was drawn out on the six o’clock news. I was playing football as a 16 yr old and my Dad turned up at the side of the pitch for the first time in my life and I’d been playing football since I was about eight.
I was substituted, saw my Dad and immediately feared the worst, “ What’s Happened ?” “ Your voucher has been drawn out”
Feckin ell, straight home washed and changed got the train from British West Hartlepool, got off at Seaburn called in the Chinese on the Fulwell Road, got to Roker Park and couldn’t believe it. It was about 8pm half 8 and the queue stretched from the ticket office window in the Main Stand to half way round the back of the Roker End. The tickets didn’t go on sale till 10 am the next morning.
Took my spot on the pavement, bit of crack, ate my food, got in my sleeping bag and waited.
Dawn broke everyone stayed put but at about 8am everyone stood up and got ready. Long story short some nasty townies turned up and pushed in. The polis were useless and these local chavs took the pish. I was 16. What could I do ?
Anyway and this is true they had us lined up in pairs and when they ran out of tickets I was ten away from the window.
Absolutely Gutted.
I was at the semi final. I cried as I walked back to Seaburn station with my haversack and sleeping back, everyone giving me the thumbs up and saying “ Enjoy Wembley “
If they asked I just said I’d got my ticket. What a shitty train journey that was back home.
Enough for now, I’ll complete the story later folks.

It’s amazing init ?
Cant believe we let Toure dictate the game, cattermole should have been standing on his toes

Back