May 23rd live footy on tv

Good afternoon Clougie 😂😂😂, great post

Afternoon GOM, another good choice thanks

Good to see you both posting and some good news for MkM, keeping me fingers crossed for him
Good eve, Sis, la. I hope arl is well & that you'll be soon stripping the plastic off a Titleist, arl in the name of a ruined walk, ha, ha.
I can’t be arsed with this but to be clear & to remind you:
You were at BR with a train load, where were you the year before when we had about 200 & it really went off toe to toe

I’ve never seen Shef run anywhere & I’m shoite at running - the nearest we ever got to that was at Pompey- 2 of us by train !!! & we climbed over garages to get away ( maybe climbing is running.

Even now we advertise wherever we will be & never hide

G’night
Now, now, chaps, I want you both to shake hands, say sorry & get back to class....

Last edited:

I can’t be arsed with this but to be clear & to remind you:
You were at BR with a train load, where were you the year before when we had about 200 & it really went off toe to toe

I’ve never seen Shef run anywhere & I’m shoite at running - the nearest we ever got to that was at Pompey- 2 of us by train !!! & we climbed over garages to get away ( maybe climbing is running.

Even now we advertise wherever we will be & never hide

G’night
I do apologise if anything I’ve said has touched a nerve. Wasn’t intended. 😩

So, I was sixteen, still at school / college, everyone asking if I’d got a ticket. I was a bit naive and having told all the good folk of Seaburn that I’d got one, I carried on telling the not so good folk from British West Hartlepool that I’d got one too.
Now I had a weekend job so had some money. Quite a few lads I knew were going to the final so I decided to go anarl. I ended up going in a car with three older lads, two from BWH and the other from Wingate. They thought I had a ticket.
Anyway we parked the car up somewhere in North London got there at about 6am. We went into London centre and started drinking around Trafalgar Square bottles galore with my mates asking everyone if they had a spare. Short story is no one had one.
Went to Wembley and begged on Wembley Way but couldn’t afford the prices touts were asking. My mates went into the game and I watched it in the staff room of a pub, might have been called the Throstle or Thistle.
We’d arranged to meet at a monument in Trafalgar Square after and we did. I was wearing a white boiler suit with red stripes down it and scruffy dm’s.
We had a great time and got the train back to the car where we slept until the driver thought he was okay to drive.
So, when people ask me did you go to the 73 Cup Final I say yes. I went , I just didn’t get in..
Great tale, mate 👍
Similarly, I went to Chelsea, for our 2nd leg, League cup semi final game, in '85, but along with hundreds of other Sunland fans, I was locked out, and didn't get in to the ground.
Myself, my brother and a couple of mates, went in the car, & left BWH on the morning of the game, and we stopped off at a mate's sisters pub in Coalville, Leicestershire, at around noon, and reckoned on getting in to London in good time to get to the game, but a couple of drinks turned into a few more, and we eventually got back on the road, after 3pm, and by the time we got into London, after too many piss stops, we were crawling at a snails pace, as the roads were gridlocked.
We eventually jammed the car in a side street close to Stamford Bridge, but it was nearly 8pm by then, and we couldn't get into the ground, and the atmosphere outside the ground was as hostile as it was inside the ground, so we gave up the ghost, and got back in the car & drove to Wembley, to watch some greyhound racing, and have a look around the old stadium (it was the first time, any of us had been to Wembley)
A bookie inside Wembley had a small transistor radio, and in between races, kept us updated with the score at Stamford Bridge, and though we were over the moon to have won a place in the league cup final, we were hugely disappointed at travelling all the way to Chelsea, and being locked out of the ground.

Back