Max Stryjek

The team he is playing in, and most of that league is possibly even a worse standard than League 1.

Stupid hindsight logic, this. Should never have gotten rid, in case that we would regress so badly that in a couple of years time we might need an average standard L1 goalkeeper.....
He was with us in L1

its arguable its a similar level..jones has come from the top end of tha league and tore no trees up..
I disagree with both points I think you are trying to make there.

Firstly, he was never what most people would consider a “top end” SPL player (he started 4 league games in a season and a half for Rangers according to Transfermarkt).

Also, he has looked a class above at times here and has been targeted for “special treatment” by the opposition in numerous games. 3 goals and 4 assists in 9 starts is a pretty decent return.

I dont think that's the case I think it's just managers not being brave enough to bomb out senior keepers and give lads with little to no experience a go
This has been a problem with most of our recent managers and it's not just with keepers.

How many times did Sanderson show he was our best defender in training before eventually getting a chance due to a massive injury crisis ? What was it about his athleticism, technical ability and good decision making that scared Johnson into picking anyone else including Power, Flanagan, O'Nien, Conner Mac, an injured Willis, an injured Wright ahead of him ?

What is it about Dan Neil that puts him so far behind our very average senior central midfielders ?

Embleton ? he'd have to be 3 footed before Johnson would have used him regularly.

This has been a problem with most of our recent managers and it's not just with keepers.

How many times did Sanderson show he was our best defender in training before eventually getting a chance due to a massive injury crisis ? What was it about his athleticism, technical ability and good decision making that scared Johnson into picking anyone else including Power, Flanagan, O'Nien, Conner Mac, an injured Willis, an injured Wright ahead of him ?

What is it about Dan Neil that puts him so far behind our very average senior central midfielders ?

Embleton ? he'd have to be 3 footed before Johnson would have used him regularly.

If you pull lads out after one or 2 games you will never know. You need a settled side and have confidence in them.

Our gaffers rarely do it with our own lads, but persevere with tripe we pay brass for.

I’ve only seen him play once and that was in that youth final against Porto and he looked to have the agility of a block of cement.

Obviously he’s improved since but at the time, I think the club made the right decision. Unfortunately as with everything SAFC do, the replacement was worse.

Back