Max Stryjek

We’ve always had a least 1 decent keeper. We were shit the season we came down, can’t think of a season where both goalkeepers were appalling as Steele & Camp
These two aren’t very good, but I still don’t think they’re as bad as Camp and Steele were that season. Virtually every shot on target was a goal. We’d have stayed up that season with a semi-competent keeper. I’m certain of that. This season’s keepers have cost us points as well, mind, going right back to the first league game when Burge gifted Bristol Rovers a penalty. My belief is if we’d had McLoughlin this season - or someone of similar ability - we’d be top two right now

Interviewed in the What the Fall podcast, Donald sold him to Eastleigh in 2019. Now doing well as Livingstone's No1 in the SPL.
Don't think we even sold him, he went there on loan and kept a load of clean sheets. I think the intention was to sell him, but he wanted to return to the area if I remember rightly and was eventually released I think.
Decent shot stopper from what I remember, but prone to a mistake and at the time he was never going to get in front of Mclaughlin, then of course we signed Burge.
Its true what you say the lad was never really given a chance here, I watched him play for Livingstone early in the season and he had a stormer (can't remember who it was against), then he seamed to drift out of the team. Glad he is back in and hope he has a good career.

To be honest I don’t mind Burge for a League 1 keeper, what I can’t understand is why we signed Matthew. I think the the biggest mistake LJ has made was starting Matthew’s at Shrewsbury. If Burge had been in goal I think we would have won.

Matthews should not be on the bench and if we still had Max here he would be good competition but not an automatic first choice.

whatever happens we need a new keeper if we go up.

It’s only Livingston for goodness sake and not Bayern Munich. The way some are going on here you would think we had just let a young Dino Zoff go.
The point is some of the knackers who's played since and has been preferred over him. The likes of Mika, Steele, Ruiter, Camp, Matthew's

These two aren’t very good, but I still don’t think they’re as bad as Camp and Steele were that season. Virtually every shot on target was a goal. We’d have stayed up that season with a semi-competent keeper. I’m certain of that. This season’s keepers have cost us points as well, mind, going right back to the first league game when Burge gifted Bristol Rovers a penalty. My belief is if we’d had McLoughlin this season - or someone of similar ability - we’d be top two right now
Even if you took one mistake from both keepers away we would be in excellent position

To be honest I don’t mind Burge for a League 1 keeper, what I can’t understand is why we signed Matthew. I think the the biggest mistake LJ has made was starting Matthew’s at Shrewsbury. If Burge had been in goal I think we would have won.

Matthews should not be on the bench and if we still had Max here he would be good competition but not an automatic first choice.

agreed that was perplexing

burge just better than Matthews

not sure what he was thinking

Even if you took one mistake from both keepers away we would be in excellent position
Yep, at least four points better off.
I guess other fans might say the same, though. I don’t think, for example, Fleetwood’s keeper covered himself in glory the other night. Without question, he should have kept out Power’s header and really could’ve done better with O’Brien’s. If that had been Sunderland’s keeper, I’d have been critical

Could well have won that game. Obviously at fault for the first, and should have come for the cross for their second. His blushes were spared for a third by the assistant referee. What an awful fumble that was.
There were many posters calling for Matthews to replace Burge for the Shrewsbury game. I hope it’s the last time he plays. He was dreadful

Last edited:
The team he is playing in, and most of that league is possibly even a worse standard than League 1.

Stupid hindsight logic, this. Should never have gotten rid, in case that we would regress so badly that in a couple of years time we might need an average standard L1 goalkeeper.....

Back