Max Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would bring him in for Honeyman and play with more of a 3 in midfield away from home

McGeough has done nothing so far and Loovens worries me with his lack of pace.

McLaughlin
Hume Flanagan Baldwin Oviedo
Cattermole Power
Gooch Honeyman Maguire
Maja
Ruiter, Loovens, Matthews, McGeough, O'Nien, Sinclair, McGeady

Max needs to concentrate on driving when he s waiting for the lights to change and not sit readin g his phone
if he wants to avoid angry fuckers like me shouting abuse at him like I did yesterday the fecking space cadet!!

Everyone sees it their arn way but, for me, it was a good team performance on Sarrada. I rate Power as possibly our best all-round midfielder, on the limited evidence of the season so far. That said, if I were any of the midfield players who played in that game & I was dropped to accommodate him, I'd be more than a little disappointed. These are the decisions that test Ross' mettle & thought processes. Much depends- I suspect- on how he sees us playing against Coventry, how he assesses their strengths & weaknesses. He's got to strike a balance between keeping morale high & playing what he feels is the best starting eleven equipped to get us a win. Also, Power can't possibly be fully match fit after a four match layoff. As @thamesvalleyman said earlier, Power can be used as an impact sub. Some of the others mentioned are less likely to make a telling impact from the bench, I think.
I'm backing Ross to make the right decisions based on what he knows about all the various relevant factors to be weighed up, which is way, way mare knowledge than I'll ever have, ha ha. Being spoilt for choice is a great position to be in.

I’d have him back in for Honeyman ideally but with McGeouch’s lack of match fitness I think it could be him that Power replaces if anyone.

straight in for McGeouch

not a fan of him at all. he's neat and tidy but just slows us right down as wants to take an age to do anything

be good to use to kill a game off but wouldn't want both him and Cattermole starting especially when we're at home (aye we just won 4-1 etc... :lol:)

Bench for me. Bring him on as a sub. We were class Saturday and I don't see any reason why anyone would want to change the squad. All of them worked well for each other for the full 90 and it was by far our best performance of the season. Having McGeady, Oviedo and Power on the bench is some statement anorl.

Power needs to come straight back, probably for Honeyman. For all his faults Honeyman likes to run and could do well as an impact sub against tired players later on in games.

I know it is early days but I have been a bit disappointed with Mcgeouch. I think he has to be more adventurous with his passing.

I agree with this however think Honeyman has been too poor for too long. If McGeady stays fit and interested, I would start him instead and decide who play as "Number 10" out of him or Maguire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back