Match in New York

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took my kodi box away with me and watched the game from my hotel room in NYC the other week. Less of a chew on than scratching around looking for a breakfast boozer.

It’s on at 0730 in the morning man, he would just be in his scratcher anyway so missing nowt

What apps for Footy on Kodi?

What happened to Nevada Smiths?

I remember watching us play Birmingham in the FA Cup the week that Bob Stokoe died. The whole pub joined in with the minutes silence before the game and that included all the yanks who didn't even know who Bob Stokoe was. I'll never forget it. Then some big yank walked in just at the end of the silence and said in that unique New York accent "Hey, did someone die?" He wasn't to know, and everyone saw the funny side of it.

I’ve you mess around with your tv in the hotel room, it might be on one of the US tv sports channels.
Remember watching a game early doors one morning when they time difference had me up early

I’ve you mess around with your tv in the hotel room, it might be on one of the US tv sports channels.
Remember watching a game early doors one morning when they time difference had me up early
It's probably going to be on their online only channel. The last one was anyway and I think it said this will be.

Put the money into the club and buy it on SAFSEE. Here Charlie has a f***ing point like
Yeah, it's still not on safsee as it's on tele...

Anyone got any recommendations as to where to watch the match in New York on Saturday? Preferably somewhere that does decent scran as well as it will be breakfast time.

It's always on at The Football Factory (downstairs part of Legends) which is on 5th and 33rd (on same corner as Empire State Building - can't miss it).... The game is being broadcast on ESPN+ this weekend so they will have it available. Go downstairs, talk to Jack behind the bar (Irish fella) and he will sort you out. Might have to wait for breakfast, but they do serve it.

It's always on at The Football Factory (downstairs part of Legends) which is on 5th and 33rd (on same corner as Empire State Building - can't miss it).... The game is being broadcast on ESPN+ this weekend so they will have it available. Go downstairs, talk to Jack behind the bar (Irish fella) and he will sort you out. Might have to wait for breakfast, but they do serve it.

Kitchen usually opens about 9.00-9.15

Match will be on. I watched a match in ESPN+ in there earlier this season. Charlton?

What happened to Nevada Smiths?

I remember watching us play Birmingham in the FA Cup the week that Bob Stokoe died. The whole pub joined in with the minutes silence before the game and that included all the yanks who didn't even know who Bob Stokoe was. I'll never forget it. Then some big yank walked in just at the end of the silence and said in that unique New York accent "Hey, did someone die?" He wasn't to know, and everyone saw the funny side of it.

Nevadas closed many years ago. At one time it seemed to be the only bar in Manhattan to show English games. I was there at 7 am in the morning to watch us get a 0-0 away against Liverpool in 2002. But then many other bars (especially the Irish ones) started showing the games and Nevadas (which did not do food) eventually got pushed out and the building was sold for redevelopment.

I am sure Legends will have the Coventry game on but suggest you check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back