Match day superstitions and rituals

Reckon the players go in at half time every game and down a bottle of white lightinging as their ritual based on second half performances at times.

He could just make it all up and go to the pub ...

... who would be able to tell :lol:
Exactly.

In my research I discovered that Reading fan James always goes to Sandra's chippy for sausage and chips, villa fan Steven takes his dog for a 3 mile walk etc etc .

Who's going to know if it's genuine research or been written down over a few pints of fosters :lol:

Exactly.

In my research I discovered that Reading fan James always goes to Sandra's chippy for sausage and chips, villa fan Steven takes his dog for a 3 mile walk etc etc .

Who's going to know if it's genuine research or been written down over a few pints of fosters :lol:

His year 1 teacher might notice mind you

Kevin Ball would always sit on his own in the coach from hotel to ground on away days. No one would be permitted to sit beside him because of this little superstition.

Wear my undies back to front.

Wear odd socks and wellies.

Toast and Tennants lager for breakfast.

Watch Sunderlands 100 Greatest throw ins dvd.

Have a shit before I leave the house.

Say 3 Hail Mary's, offer up a human sacrifice to my God, and pray we score more goals than we concede.

Actually, only one of these superstitions/ rituals is true. :p
its the toast & Tennants isn't it?

Wear my undies back to front.

Wear odd socks and wellies.

Toast and Tennants lager for breakfast.

Watch Sunderlands 100 Greatest throw ins dvd.

Have a shit before I leave the house.

Say 3 Hail Mary's, offer up a human sacrifice to my God, and pray we score more goals than we concede.

Actually, only one of these superstitions/ rituals is true. :p

My money's on the human sacrifice ;)

Early Morning dog walk and then post a stupid f***ing message on another clubs forum.

Some twat @hank williams posts a ritual post that starts HHHHAAA and do you what a fan and others of another football club gets me up for yet another game.

I can’t break the spell.

Early Morning dog walk and then post a stupid f***ing message on another clubs forum.

Some twat @hank williams posts a ritual post that starts HHHHAAA and do you what a fan and others of another football club gets me up for yet another game.

I can’t break the spell.

Missing “know”

For home games I work 6 until 12, my pre match meal is always pie mash and gravy at about 13.30 .

Love it.
Always remember a trip up Barnsley in a car full of us lads.
One of my mates jokingly said, “ First one to spot a bloke with a whippet gets an ice cream.”
Turned the corner and BOOM. The laughter you can imagine.
:lol::lol:
Have to say though always a decent away trip to Barnsley. Some real down to earth fans. We pack out the away end every trip ........... :lol::lol:

Last edited:
For home games I work 6 until 12, my pre match meal is always pie mash and gravy at about 13.30 .

Had Philly cheese steak pukka pie with cheesy mash today lads, it’s a special occasion avoid defeat today and I’ve seen my team go a full season at home without losing.

Back