Match day superstitions and rituals

Peter

Hello everyone, I’m helping my friend do some research for a college project that he’s doing and was wondering if any of you had any funny or strange match day superstitions or rituals that you don’t mind sharing please? Cheers all

Hello everyone, I’m helping my friend do some research for a college project that he’s doing and was wondering if any of you had any funny or strange match day superstitions or rituals that you don’t mind sharing please? Cheers all
I’m just looking for stuff like never using an unlucky turnstile, buying hotdog at same hot dog van, back to front boxer shorts, same socks, touching the club badge on your shirt 3 times before kick off, same amount of pints in same bars etc etc, surely got to be some funny ones on here

Shoite, 10 pints, lucky Thomas the Tank Engine scarf, always miss the kick off

Nope, after a couple of years I realised that we were f***ing shite no matter what I did, or didn't do. I know this is of absolutely no help mind but still

Couldn't he have done research on something that isn't totally pointless ...

... or am I missing the point?

That guy on STID strokes his lamp.

Normally if we win I try to wear the same clothes for the next match. But nowt I do every game

I know someone who used to wear the same underpants every match(I think he used to wash them though)

Red n' white boxers:cool:

Wore them for every game during the 6 wins in a row earlier this season and have always made sure they're washed and ready for match day since then.

That guy on STID strokes his lamp.

Normally if we win I try to wear the same clothes for the next match. But nowt I do every game

I know someone who used to wear the same underpants every match(I think he used to wash them though)

As I left Wembley I vowed never to change my clothes or have a shower until we win a trophy ...

... oh BTW, I have two spare seats in the car going down to Southend :lol:

My match day routine only started this season as I started bringing my lad regularly.

Drive down and drop my daughter off at the stadium for work two hours before kick off.

Park I’m Debenhams and go to Clem’s for chips.

Brew from Starbucks then walk over the bridge.

Buy programme from the lad under the metro station.

Get int he ground proper early and comment how long it takes people to take their seats. :lol:

Couldn't he have done research on something that isn't totally pointless ...

... or am I missing the point?
I think he’s looking at the how sports affect the ways that people behave and is going to compare different behaviours/sports/cultures/countries etc.

Wear my undies back to front.

Wear odd socks and wellies.

Toast and Tennants lager for breakfast.

Watch Sunderlands 100 Greatest throw ins dvd.

Have a shit before I leave the house.

Say 3 Hail Mary's, offer up a human sacrifice to my God, and pray we score more goals than we concede.

Actually, only one of these superstitions/ rituals is true. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Back