Martyn Waghorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

He took some shit on here years ago before we shipped him out to Leicester. Apparently 'shining in sweaty sock land'...rumours are that we are linked with him. It's been said many many times before, Scottish football is simply not the same challenge or standard as Premier League, or even dare I say it Championship, we've seen it happen before with Scottish superstars coming across the border and failing badly. So what's your thoughts on 'Waggy' coming back?
The best thing for him and us would be for him to stay where he is.

In a shitty Scottish league :lol:

It's really sad to see the level these days - I was lucky enough to watch a fair bit of Aberdeen back in the 80's - chalk and cheese.

Waghorn looked okay last season - in the league below - and even then a lot were penalties IIRC.

It is a source of frustration for me - my younger lad and a group of his friends were the best in their age group for 3 years running (they were a pleasure to watch as well - proper passing football) - but Aberdeen only ever took 2 of them on trial and both got released. Some of them play Junior or Highland League football now (non-league standard) and some have stopped altogether. If the focus remains on finding athletes and trying to coach them to be footballers (or coach them to be 'sterile' with no self-expression) then it'll never improve.

Whinge over - going home for tea.

Typical moyes signing.
Big waste of money.
He wasnt good enough for us or ipswich.
He has found his level just like stokes and murphy

Is that why they never signed him?:lol:

f***ing clueless.

Right up there with your view that Marek Hamsik was the best left back in the world for expert football insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back