Martyn Waghorn

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's a decent player but ultimately lacks the pace to play at the highest level, it's a no from me.

No. He wasn't that spectacular for Wigan when they got relegated from the 2nd tier. Like McCoist, Murphy, Stokes & Kyle, he has found playing in the Scottish football is easy pickings compared to down here.

Mind you, if he'd signed for Celtic, he'd probably have won the golden boot by now!

SPL is a pub league, even Borini could score up there.

Only if he learns to shoot on target - the goals are still the same size!

It's funny how when we get linked with someone shit, it's true and Moyes is a tit. Get linked with a decent player and immediately it would be called bull shit.

I'm sure he's a decent lad and has carved out a good career but i think spl/lower championship is his level from what I've seen and i think we should be aiming for much better.

He took some shit on here years ago before we shipped him out to Leicester. Apparently 'shining in sweaty sock land'...rumours are that we are linked with him. It's been said many many times before, Scottish football is simply not the same challenge or standard as Premier League, or even dare I say it Championship, we've seen it happen before with Scottish superstars coming across the border and failing badly. So what's your thoughts on 'Waggy' coming back?
Rangers fam at work says he started off OK but has since become exceedingly average.

Ahem, a few points;

1. He has never played for Ipswich in his career.
2. Murphy has been one of the best strikers in the championship over the last five years, hence the mags spunking £5M on him to help get them promoted.
3m is the reported fee!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back