Marty tweet- disappointing news on the way

Classic smb this mind. :lol:

Naturally, if there's one thing SAFC + DCCC fans have in common it's perennial disappointment at the hands of our club.

I do make fully clear it's nowt but a gut feeling and let's be fair, the last few years hardly illicit faith in how the club is ran (sadly)

Goes without saying I wish the Rushworths all the best in the future. Can't be easy for any of them, hope Joe will still get to the Riverside. He'd be almost as much of a miss as Chris.

"He [Rushworth] is a wicket-taker, make no mistake. He told me he wants to come because he wants to win another County Championship before he retires, which is exactly the language you want to hear."

So it’s not for cricketing reasons eh?

"He [Rushworth] is a wicket-taker, make no mistake. He told me he wants to come because he wants to win another County Championship before he retires, which is exactly the language you want to hear."

Reading something into nothing. What would he say "I'm just here for a paycheck" ?

I'm fairly sure promotion with Durham would mean alot more to him then a championship with warks

He's hardly going to say "I'm having personal troubles, give me a pay cheque so I can get out of Durham". He's obviously professional and will want to sound ambitious & set targets which is what all professionals should aspire to. It will be hurting him leaving Durham and the region. Genuinely wish him well, he's served Durham exceptionally well and for me he is irreplaceable. One of the nicest lads you could ever wish to meet, had time for everyone and represented the club exceptionally well above and beyond (I remember during lockdown he was out delivering membership books to members). He will be a massive massive.
miss

Last edited:
If rushy is located in the south west has potentially several counties he could at for, Warks or Worcs, even Somerset or Glamorgan are not too far away. So, having a personal reason to move from CLS and then a cricket reason for joining Warks doesn't seem contradictory to me.

If rushy is located in the south west has potentially several counties he could at for, Warks or Worcs, even Somerset or Glamorgan are not too far away. So, having a personal reason to move from CLS and then a cricket reason for joining Warks doesn't seem contradictory to me.
Absolutely, once he's decided to leave why would he not go to the club that offered him the best chance to win things?

We can agree to disagree.

He improved to much closer to his career averages after the balls improved. The pitch and ball combo was far more an issue than any kind of decline imo
Think that's right, his stats certainly improved in the latter part of the season and before his injury.

Think that's right, his stats certainly improved in the latter part of the season and before his injury.
I’m saying this season though. Balls changed, no saliva. Pitches made to be flatter. Gone are the days of bowls who rely on early swing on flat ones I’m afraid. Why Potts did so well compared to all other bowlers he’s the only one who hits the pitch

No surprises there. His deal was up and we couldn't compete with what other clubs were able to offer him. Carbon copy of Onions.

'Personal circumstances' is just club spin to describe his need to look after his financial situation for his family. They come out with a variation of the same crack every time a decent player left the club.

Wake up, man.

1. Durham offers you 1 year contract at 75% of your current wages, with guarantee of first team cricket
2. Warwickshire offers you a 2 year contract at 100% of your current wages, with the option of a 1 year extension, with no guarantee of first team cricket

If you accept #2 for the money, because you need to pay for your family, divorce etc, that isn't a cricketing but a personal reason.

Totally incorrect

Absolutely nothing we could have done to keep him, it’s nothing to do with cricket in the slightest. Not even 1%. I know this for a fact.

But keep criticizing the club for no reason though.

Totally incorrect

Absolutely nothing we could have done to keep him, it’s nothing to do with cricket in the slightest. Not even 1%. I know this for a fact.

But keep criticizing the club for no reason though.
Who’s your source that you know for a fact? It’s always to interesting how people know the ins and outs of the club I think

Back